Clear all

inserting a "straight" effect on SP6?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
miden
(@miden)
Topic starter

What I want to do is run an EQ across a bass patch. Just straight EQ none of the efx chains. SO I do this at the program level, or at the multi level and in either case how?

I cannot find just an EQ (nor just a reverb, or delay or other "single" efx either) so how does one accomplish this?

It is a weird system I am finding so far, having come form Roland/Korg and Yamaha...

Posted : 18/09/2018 11:48 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

The SP6 is an entry-level pro product with limited capacity for edits inside the unit. You can do in depth editing in Forte SE, Forte and PC3K/A.

in order to do that kind of editing in an SP6, you have to do it via the free external editor that you can download at kurzweil.com

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 19/09/2018 7:33 am
miden
(@miden)
Topic starter

thanks, but I am already using the editor. There is no clear way it seems to do this. When I try, and then save, reload the patch it always just goes back to the original.

I tried modifying one of the chains to remove all effects apart from the EQ and then saving, again it just reverts back to the pre-existing chain.

This machine is so frustrating! And so unintuitive!

Posted : 19/09/2018 9:29 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

As somebody told you in Facebook, you need to save the chain.

We just tried it, and it totally worked.

I think your expectations on the SP6 are probably not the right ones and, for users like you, I would totally recommend to step up to a Forte SE or a Forte. My 2 cents.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 19/09/2018 4:26 pm
Share: