KB3 mode sustain pedal.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
hebert
(@hebert)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Does anyone know how to put sustain on Harmmond Organ in KB3 mode.

I want to play piano and organ and support both with the sustain pedal.

Posted : 28/07/2019 7:15 pm
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi hebert,

I’m assuming you are going to do your layered piano/organ in Setup mode.
First you need to edit the organ program you’re going to use.
Press Edit in kb3-mode and navigate to page called MISC. From that page you’ll find a parameter called Sustain. Set the Sustain On. Now your sustain
pedal will control both the organ sustain and Leslie (rotary) fast/slow-setting.
If you don’t want the sustain pedal to control the Leslie speed then set the
LesliePedal-parameter to None.
Save your edited program and use it in your setup.

Any help?

thin_i

Posted : 29/07/2019 10:58 am
hebert
(@hebert)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you so much friend.

Posted : 31/07/2019 6:48 am
R&BComboSideman
(@rbcombosideman)

I'm new to my PC3K8. I'm trying to create a setup with acoustic piano on the left hand side of a split and a KB3 organ program on the right hand side. Almost everything is working and I have Foot Switch 1 controlling sustain for the piano. I can't figure out how to make Foot Switch 2 control the Leslie speaker effect speed. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted : 22/10/2019 4:53 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

page 6-7 in the original manual shows that the rotating speaker is controlled via CC#68. So assign footswitch #2 to control CC#68 and see what happens.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 25/10/2019 10:29 am
R&BComboSideman
(@rbcombosideman)

Thanks very much for your help. I got it working just by finding a factory setup that used a foot switch (other than the sustain pedal) for the Leslie speaker speed control, and basing my setup on that one. By the way, I also own a 1969 L100 (cabinet model L112) and a similar vintage Leslie Model 251/351. I'm enjoying the excellent B3 emulation in the PC3K. Thanks again.

Posted : 29/10/2019 10:39 am
Share: