PC-361 Software issue or ??

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
bjamin9
(@bjamin9)
Topic starter

Greetings!

I purchased my PC361 new when it came out. I've updated it and taken great care of this keyboard.
This has been my main controller since I switched to it from a PC88 (I also own a PC3K8).

Problem:
I have about 80 setups (depending on the band I happen to be playing with at the time).
Some of these setups are a minimum of 2 channels and a max of 5 channels (each chan to their own slider
to include all the CC's and such). The PC361 midi is connected to about 3 external modules.

IN the last 6 months I have had the PC361 lock up on me.
Panic (at first) worked for a bit, then didn't do anything.
Turning the unit off (waiting a minute) and turning it back on was also
a temporary fix. Lately, when it froze on me (defined as no sound, but I could still
get into the menus) I discovered that if I went INTO a particular setup (any of them) and
changed a midi chan or patch number, the unit would un-freeze.

Over a year ago, something similar to the above happened and I took it to the repair shop and
had the unit cleaned and re-soldered (connections) if needed. It worked well for quite a while.
(That was before I had discovered the tweeking of the menu)

Fast forward to today, and the unit locks up and I cannot get into the menus.
Panic doesn't work and ONLY (if I'm lucky) if I turn the unit off and wait a WHILE,
then switch it on - it takes a while, but it comes back to life.

Ideas???

A few days ago, I tried to save my patches to a card but I kept getting CARD needed to be formatted (though it was) and I tried to re-format the card again. This lasted over an hour and still a FORMATTING message on the screen. Had to turn the unit off to stop it.

I then tried to save through virtual USB to my computer and another error message stating it couldn't save.

Kurzweil has always been a great unit/keyboard/controller for me, but since this model is no longer made AND I use a few (not many) samples within my setup's, there's really no place for me to go.

HELP!!

(Anyone have a NEW PC361 in the box FOR SALE???)

Ben
B9

Posted : 28/07/2019 12:28 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

1-800 Kurzweil, better known as support@Kurzweil.com

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 03/08/2019 7:53 am
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

When if ever, was the last time you changed the internal battery?

Gary ;)

Posted : 09/08/2019 3:30 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

The only purpose that the battery serves on a pc3 series is to run the internal clock and nothing more.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 11/08/2019 8:31 am
Share: