KMap in SP4 Global mode

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
krenzo
(@krenzo)
Topic starter

Hello everyone.
In the Global menu of my SP4-7, the third item is "KMap" (A-LWA76 or B-LW76) but this item in the manual is missing.
Please can you explain what is it?
Thank you very much

Lorenzo
Kurzweil SP4-7 - K2000 - SP88X - Roland D-50 - Juno 106 - U-220 - Korg M3R - CME UF70 Classic - Yamaha Motif Rack ES
SoundTower SP4 Editor - OS X 10.9 - Logic Pro X - A lot of other stuff...
Free Logic Pro Resources

Posted : 10/09/2013 10:31 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

At some point in the life of the SP4 the keyboard action was improved. That parameter makes the keys respond optimal for the older or the newer action. Both actions are very similar, made by the same company, so, you might not hear much difference in the key action maps. Play the keyboard with both settings and choose the one you prefer.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 10/09/2013 12:13 pm
krenzo
(@krenzo)
Topic starter

Thank you very much for your reply :D

Lorenzo
Kurzweil SP4-7 - K2000 - SP88X - Roland D-50 - Juno 106 - U-220 - Korg M3R - CME UF70 Classic - Yamaha Motif Rack ES
SoundTower SP4 Editor - OS X 10.9 - Logic Pro X - A lot of other stuff...
Free Logic Pro Resources

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:56 pm
sheenaherself
(@sheenaherself)

Either setting makes no difference to my ears. Changed to B-LW76 for some unknown reason.

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:49 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

It is very subtle and If I remember correctly you would notice it more in the black keys... still, very subtle... but we like subtleties :D

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 07/11/2013 8:09 am
sheenaherself
(@sheenaherself)

Off topic: Somebody asked me before (like two years ago) what's my favorite word. I said "subtlety." That's funny. We speak the same "language" here, don't we?

Anyway, yeah. Also at some point in the life of my two-week-old SP4, I hear some weird noise on my keybed after I changed the KMap setting. I don't think it's related because even in the default setting, A-LWA76, the keys' noise is still there. Is that normal? Note that this noise is only in C keys (5 C keys). Im becoming so paranoid and I am hoping desperately it wont be like some usual keybed issue face by Korg users. When I play, everytime I strike a C key, it seems that the key and the metal (?) underneath it makes an unusual contact. Other keys are fine.

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:20 pm
Share: