7 Users
0 Likes
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi ksetlisters,

I've just renewed the ksetlist.com domain for another year.

In the last year ksetlist has had a dramatic increase of users, 1225 users when I'm writing this. That's really awesome!!! 1225 Kurzweil users from all over the world getting together in this place is way more I've ever imagined! Thanks everybody!!!!

On the negative side, for such a big number of users, many are downloaders and very very few are uploaders. The number of sounds uploaded is far below what it should be with such a big user base. The goal of this site is to SHARE. Please SHARE. It doesn't cost anything, you get a ton of free sounds from other users, please share some of your sounds with the rest of the community as well. I know you have great sounds there in your keyboards or great leads about what factory programs to use with this or that song. Help us create the greatest Kurzweil library ever! We can do it with YOUR help!

SHARE!

And have fun!

And thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 01/03/2014 2:15 pm
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

Great news and thank-you for your contributions and efforts in running the website.

I wonder how many members are like myself and just lack the expertise to create programs or setups that they would be confident in posting.
I've made some progress in learning my pc3k since I bought it, but think sometimes that my programs aren't up to scratch and might feel a little embarrassed if their not good enough.
I also wonder how many people don't submit a setup if they contain a program that came from a commercial sound set. This has stopped me from posting incase their is repercussions from the original creator(s).

I've noticed the lack of uploads in proportion to the increased popularity of the site and hope that changes as well. The best possible scenario for us is to get our sounds out there into the public and keep things moving forward.
Rgds Brian

Posted : 01/03/2014 10:55 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

I wonder how many members are like myself and just lack the expertise to create programs or setups that they would be confident in posting.
I've made some progress in learning my pc3k since I bought it, but think sometimes that my programs aren't up to scratch and might feel a little embarrassed if their not good enough...

The same for me. I hope I will be able to post some good programs/setups in the future, but it is not possible right now.
Glad to know the forum will go on, anyway ;)

Posted : 02/03/2014 5:31 am
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

Guys,

Please don't feel bad, or embarrassed about posting stuff, even if you are fairly new to the Kurz's.

The thing is that even if your patch doesn't nail the sound you are after, it may well get close and someone might then do a bit more work on it to refine the patch. Even attempting the sounds may prompt some questions such as how can I manipulate the envelope or LFO to nail a particular effect, and believe me, you will learn a lot about your synth by at least trying.

In most cases it's fairly easy to get the basic structure of a sound you are trying to emulate. Nailing a sound is mostly about fine tuning the parameters.

Personally I'm much more inclined to help someone finish a sound that they have attempted to program themselves, rather than to program the sound from scratch for someone.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 03/03/2014 9:21 pm
SpotlightKid
(@spotlightkid)
Trusted Member

Personally I'm much more inclined to help someone finish a sound that they have attempted to program themselves, rather than to program the sound from scratch for someone.

Absolutely right, the same goes for me!

When I look back at the first sound I posted for the PC3 at mastering V.A.S.T. it almost makes me cringe, but providing a sound for download forces you to finalize choices about controller assignments, ideally makes you document them and, in the best case, induces you to record a little demo for the sound. Doing all these things helps you learn about the PC3 faster.

Chris' Sound Corner

Posted : 07/03/2014 8:26 am
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

For me music has always been less about the destination and more about the journey. I've barely owned my PC3K for even 6 months and I'm still fumbling my way thru the tutorial videos and reading the manuals in my spare time, but so far the best I've managed to come up with programming on my own are some simple layered sounds which really are novice level.

I sincerely hope this forum is here for years and even decades to come, because I have no intentions of giving up the ghost when it comes to learning to program my gear. But I'm no pro and even for a dedicated amateur like myself, the base 1024 programs and the additional few hundred KORE programs and setups are amazing enough in their own right.

I can't even honestly say I've properly auditioned every sound on the machine and even if I did, I sort of doubt I'd retain more than a fraction doing it only once or twice.

Bear with us greenies. We're in it for the long haul, but the necessities of life limit the time we have available for serious geeking out with our gear. That's why I'd like to thank all of the amazing programmers who have in fact laid out some amazing programs and setups here for download.

Everytime you upload some fabulous new program or setup, you are making the world a better place for everyone ;)

Gary

Posted : 12/03/2014 11:31 pm
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member

OK....for the REALLY REALLY ....uhhhh....what's the word....too stupid to live people....
I've had my PC3 for years....I've upgraded the OS several times..I've made backups I've never had to use...I've never read the manual (which makes my point that I'm too stupid to live)...

Anyway, how about a step by step guide to downloading an individual program? (I can write C#.net apps in WPF & SOAP services for IIS but I can't be bothered to learn how to work my synth.) I've only done the whole shebang before/after and OS upgrade. Or should I just shut up and RTFM?

Posted : 14/04/2014 11:27 am
Share: