Kurzweil PC3x - Reorganise presets

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
bionic_beats
(@bionic_beats)
Topic starter

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought a PC3x and love it. However, I do not really understand or agree with the presets organisation. I want to step through ALL Piano sounds, all string sounds etc. subsequently, and not 10 piano sounds on program numbr 1-10 and then 10 piano sounds on program number 100-110 etc. (just a fictitious example). For my workflow, when I am looking for a Piano sound I want to step through all available sounds as quickly as possible.

Is there a way to do it. I couldn't find anything on the "Library" function in the sound editor software manual. I assume it could be realised with it but I haven't managed to do so, yet. To somehow reorganise the presets and put all Piano sounds for instance on program number 1-30; all string sounds on program 31-80 etc.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Pete

Posted : 29/12/2014 8:02 pm
Zep
 Zep
(@zep)
Eminent Member

It is possible but might be hard work and very time consuming. At first you need to make those program numbers free, that means copy programs already existing there to another locations.
Doing such re-organization will cause mess in your setups and songs.You can find function "properties" in STeditor that'll tell you is any program used in setups.

You realize that you have bank buttons above the sliders and and category buttons.Almost all piano sounds are at the begining of bank "base 1" and "base 2", strings have whole bank + some strings sounds under the category button(in "base 1" and "base 2" banks).
You can also search for programs using "search string" function, you need to type i.e. "piano" and browse for brogram with "piano" in the name only.
All theese "searching" methods work in Setup (edit) mode,including category/ banks buttons - on first edit page .

At least you could leave the factory programs untouched and just copy sounds that you could use to the empty slots in user banks, there are thousands of free user programs.

Posted : 30/12/2014 2:12 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

I fully understand what you mean, but don´t do it. You will make a mess with dependencies.

Posted : 30/12/2014 4:54 pm
jpuhakka
(@jpuhakka)
Eminent Member

How about using Quick Access mode? Not exactly what you looking for but migth make your workflow better.

PC3K8

Posted : 02/01/2015 3:44 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Yes, you should use quick access - collect you favourite ones and store them in several QA banks. I myself have some variations of "universal banks" with the bread and butter sounds for fast access on stage. I have different variations placed on the same slot in different banks. So I know blind where to find the lead or the piano.
Though, sometimes I think 10 sounds in QA is not enough, I´d rather have 16-20 in a row instead of several banks like on a Motif.

Posted : 02/01/2015 10:57 am
Share: