5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
aztech222
(@aztech222)
Topic starter

Hi, has anyone ever had this problem :
I load an organ sound on my PC3K8 example: " Ezra's Burner # 897 "
This sound has a Leslie programed function that is activated when i press my pedal.
Most times during weekly band practice it works fine then after about a month poof the Leslie function is gone ! :cry:
I have to reboot about ten times :x and it eventually comes back. I can't have this happen during a show ...

Any ideas ? Thanks
Chris

Posted : 16/04/2019 8:07 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

If it were my keyboard I would follow the process that loads the operating system, which is a memory clean and an operating system reinstall. Once the operating system is successfully loaded immediately try program 897 and see if it works with your pedal. It most likely will. Do not load any of your custom programs before you try 897. I'm guessing that your memory is corrupted and it possibly is from a custom program or custom sample loaded which is why you should test 897 before any other custom programs/samples/setups are loaded. I hope you havent loaded programs from other users. They might have used soundtower which is notorious for corrupting the memory of the PC3 series. If you reload the programs and the symptoms restart then you can bet that one of the user programs is causing the corruption.

Also, try another pedal. It's possible that your pedal is functioning intermittedly. My pedal would not work depending on the position of the cable. I'd then try it at home and it would work. Turns out that depending on the position of the cable it sometimes would work and sometimes wouldn't.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 18/04/2019 5:00 pm
aztech222
(@aztech222)
Topic starter

Thanks Dave I'll check it out :-)

Posted : 18/04/2019 5:11 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

One other possibility is that the jack you are plugging your pedal into is going bad. If it does it try reassigning the leslie switching function to another controller like a button or the SW switch. If it then works consistently then it is either the pedal or jack that is intermittently failing.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 18/04/2019 5:30 pm
aztech222
(@aztech222)
Topic starter

Good idea i'll check that out as well.Thx

Posted : 18/04/2019 5:39 pm
Share: