0 Likes
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi,

http://kurzweil.com/news/74/

We put an incredible amount of work into this one...

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 01/04/2019 6:18 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

A day later over at Mastering VAST and they STILL haven't got the joke.

This is the problem with International time zones and a joke that's only funny before noon :P

Gary :D :D :D

Posted : 02/04/2019 5:27 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Gary, the PC4 is on the floor at Messe.

Check the pictures.

It's a great keyboard that will have a great price.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 02/04/2019 5:57 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

According to Google, Musikmesse 2019's own website and every search I tried, Kurzweil is not even an exhibitor this year.

And the specs are ridiculous on the link you posted. FOUR switch pedals? Backwards compatibility with K3B AND SYSEX? STEP Sequencer AND SONG SEQUENCER?

April fool's is long over and done with. The joke is getting tiresome.

Gary ;)

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:12 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Gary, it's NOT A JOKE. Kurzweil is in MusikMesse that happened to start in Germany on April 2nd. Because of the time difference, the PC4 ad was published at the end of April 1st in the US.

Check the pictures:
https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/mu ... 19.691679/

It's an awesome keyboard that will have an awesome price.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:23 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

In addition,

2 pedal input, that are balanced, allow 4 pedals if used the right adapter or right dual pedal. That's standard in the last Kurzweil keyboards like the Forte SE or the SP6.

And yes, there is song mode, riffs, arps that can be classic Kurzweil arps or Step Sequencer, and, in addition, MIDI CC Step Sequencers, that are a lot of fun to use.

:-)

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:26 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Then why no videos of a working model? I managed to find a couple of the SP1 but why no reviews of the PC4? It should be one of the hottest items at the show.

Gary ;)

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:33 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:40 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Time will tell in a few days whether or not this is a bad joke or vapourware or the real deal.

Either way I'm seeing a lot of folks really riled up over on Mastering VAST based on the slimmest of evidence.

Point taken about conspiracy theories.

Either way I probably couldn't afford one anyway :D

Gary ;)

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:46 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's cool man!

But It will have a great price... you might end up with one. To start with, you can record your video and enter in the competition to win one PC4.

Check attached file.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 02/04/2019 6:50 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

According to Google, Musikmesse 2019's own website and every search I tried, Kurzweil is not even an exhibitor this year.

Gary, please stop it 8-) 8-) 8-) !!!
You probably need to refine your search methods:
https://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankf ... music.html

Posted : 02/04/2019 10:07 pm
eibinger
(@eibinger)
Estimable Member

-

Posted : 02/04/2019 11:19 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Don't worry about Gary!

I don't! He's a very nice guy, with unconventional opinions, and I usually like what he writes. Only, this time the game is going on too long ;)

Are there any informations about the weight and the versions (88, 76, 61)?
Maybe a price-estimation?

These are some good points (and will probably determine the success of this very-promising-still-not-the-K2xx-heir-keyboard)! And, let me ask...
- does the fact that you can use four switch pedals on two connectors (like I do with halved numbers on my SP4) imply there is no half-pedaling feature?
- We have some audio inputs, but nothing is said about possible sampling (and the FX feature is reported only on the 1/8" stereo input): should we expect we'll be able to sample in the future? And/or maybe we'll be able to use the audio input as a source for VAST processing?
Maybe I'm asking too much at present time...

Posted : 03/04/2019 12:46 am
DaveBeta
(@davebeta)
Eminent Member

Looks very interesting and I can't wait to see the full specs. My initial thoughts are :

1. Inputs - yes!! The ability to run another board into my main one, and just have a single DI sending to FOH is just what I want. I've been able to do it with a Kronos for ages and had limited success with the 3.5mm input on the Forte. But proper connections is just what I want
2. 88 weighted keys - I'll be interested to see what keybeds are offered. I'm loving my Forte7 after years of PC3/k7s and do hope that any 76key version is also weighted
3. Looks well layed out and the rumour is a plastic case rather than metal so lighter which (as I get older) is always nice. As long as it has a proper IEC power input and aftertouch (things which other manufacturers are - stupidly - removing for product line differentitaion) I'll be happy.

I'm hoping that the chaps have also thought about allowing the 'storage' type A usb port to accept class compliant midi devices - I can do that in my Kronos and it gives me a second physical keyboard with a single connection. I've just mostly there with the Forte by powering over USB and using midi, but it was a pain to find a usb keyboard that accepts power over usb but transmits midi. Most are either / or it seems. (the good ones anyway)

My only concern is what this means for the Forte - is this the new 'baby brother' or a replacement? The Forte has always been a bit of a confused beast - first a piano, then general keyboard, then a workstation ... love it to bits, but it's a bit of an odd one sometimes.

Hopefully good times ahead!

Posted : 08/04/2019 1:30 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Let me put this thread up :) ...
Fran, may you give some info on the timings?
When will this new keyboard land in our favourite shops?
And when will us be able to read the complete specs (and possibly the manual)?
Summer season and open space gigs are coming :D

Posted : 25/04/2019 4:26 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: