Little Help load pc3 files into pc361

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Nordus
(@nordus)
Topic starter

Hello

I'm a new owner of pc361, and I work on mac.
In this forum (and other) I've found some programs and setup for the PC3 but they are in .pc3 format.
How can I load into my PC361?
I have the sound editor program but apparently aren't recognized.
I don't have any xD card.
I've tried to mount pc3 virtual drive on mac desktop, and I've copy some of them but I never found them in PC3.

Thanks

Posted : 03/10/2015 1:19 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Welcome!

Please follow all the steps in the manual related to this.

One of the possibilities is that you copy your file on the virtual drive but then you don't eject the drive from your computer. Some OSs don't actually copy the file onto the SD drive until you eject.

Then you should go to Load, select the file, fill and load it to a user bank.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 03/10/2015 7:34 am
Nordus
(@nordus)
Topic starter

Thanks

on the manual I see the "using xD Card" section only, I never realized how to use the virtual usb drive.

Thanks again

Posted : 05/10/2015 1:32 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

First, make sure you get the latest manual from kurzweil.com.

If you read section 13-2:

Using The USB Drive
You can transfer files directly to a computer that is equipped with a USB port by using the USB
port on the back panel of the PC3. Connect a USB cable from the PC3’s USB port to a USB port on
your computer. Enter Storage mode and select the USB drive, there will be a prompt telling you
that the USB‐MIDI connection will be disconnected. You must acknowledge this prompt to
continue. A virtual drive named PC3 will appear on your computer’s desktop.
Load files from your computer to your PC3 by first putting files on the PC3 virtual drive, then
pressing the LOAD soft button in Storage mode (see The LOAD Page on page 13‐8 for details.)
When loading, follow the instructions on the display to eject the virtual drive before loading.
Your computer may show a device removal warning after using the virtual drive. You may
disregard this warning without worries of damage to your PC3 or computer.
When you save files with the USB drive connected (see The STORE Page on page 13‐5,) saved
files will temporarily appear on the PC3 virtual drive on your computers desktop, and you then
must copy your saved files to another location on your computer. You must copy data from the
PC3 virtual drive to your computer’s drive or else the data will be lost.
When you exit Storage mode or select the xD card, there will be a prompt telling you that the
USB‐MIDI connection will be restored. You must acknowledge this prompt to continue. Your
computer may show a device removal warning after using the virtual drive. You may disregard
this warning without worries of damage to your PC3 or computer.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 05/10/2015 6:19 am
Jean_Bellefeuille
(@jean_bellefeuille)
Eminent Member

step by step :

http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc361 ... _mode/250/

Jean Bellefeuille
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Posted : 07/10/2015 8:29 am
Share: