Clear all

Need some help with controls en SP4-8

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
crossfitbsas
(@crossfitbsas)
Topic starter

Hi guys, I'd like to ask you if someone can help me o give me some idea where look for.
I'm using sp 4- 8 form now onliy piano sounds.
I see that piano has 5 knobs of controls
TIMBRE,MOD,ENVELOPE,EFFECT,REVERB
What I don't know is what is each of these knobs do?
I'm mean that I have tryed it and saw that sound change but really for what I can use it en piano sound o where I can ger more deep info about each of this control.
I'm only use piano sounds.
Thanks

Posted : 31/10/2014 11:44 am
keyboardologist
(@keyboardologist)

Hello,
Well you cannot find out until you buy the sp4 soundeditor.
I just bought it and now I see that on the first 2 programs (Standard Grand and Studio Grand) the Knob 3 is controlling the HF Damping of the Reverb while the Knob 4 is controlling the Reverb Time, but the Reverb it is controlling is not the one on the Knob 5, so... they do nothing.
I can also see that Knob 1 changes 'Hi EQ Boost ' while Knob 2 changes 'Pad Lyr Brightness' and Knob 3 'Pad Lyr Env Control' which is only a description in the Info of the Program and to my ears it does nothing again.
Pretty disappointing but the only Knob that is working on most of the Piano programs is the Knob 5 which is the Reverb and which is the most wanted tool for a piano program.
In other Programs they do a lot of things, especially in Organs (KB3), strings, synths, leads, etc...

Kurzweil Gear: SP4-7 - PC2R - ME1
Roland Gear: XV5080 - XP-30 - D70
Korg SP250
Midi Controllers: Fatar SL161, EMU Xboard25 and Xboard49, Behringer BCF2000 and FCB1010

Posted : 14/12/2014 2:25 pm
Share: