No Ribbon Controller on the Forte πŸ˜•

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I didn't use my ribbon all that much on my PC3 but every once in a while it came in handy.

The one song I used it for was the intro to Comfortably Numb...where part the keyboard slides up in pitch....is ther an effect or a function I can use to duplicate that? A glide function? Or just use the pitch wheel?

Thanks.

Posted : 09/06/2016 11:22 am
da capo
(@d-c)
Eminent Member

I didn't use my ribbon all that much on my PC3 but every once in a while it came in handy.

The one song I used it for was the intro to Comfortably Numb...where part the keyboard slides up in pitch....is ther an effect or a function I can use to duplicate that? A glide function? Or just use the pitch wheel?

Thanks.

The ribbon is somewhat special using aux-bend messages in addition to the pitch wheel and because itΒ΄s devideable into 3 freely programmable "ribbon zones" in Setup-Mode on a PC3 series keyboard.
The way those "ribbon zones" behave independently in a Setup on a PC3 make it special.

But for your purpose, you can use any front-pannel slider, the Mod-Wheel, MIDI CC-pedal #1 or #2 and/or Aftertouch to modulate/alter the pitch of a program in a given zone in a setup or even the pitch of a specific layer in a program when assigning the desired controller (slider/pedal / AT or Mod-Wheel) as a control source for the pitch of a given layerΒ΄s VA waveform or sample on the DSPMOD page for that layer/ all layers (one by one).
When you do it for all layers in a program which introduce the pitch-parameter, as a result the whole program will respond to pitch changes independent from Pitch-Wheel.

D.C.

Posted : 09/06/2016 3:02 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

+1

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 10/06/2016 4:36 am
lizard king
(@lizard-king)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks!

Posted : 10/06/2016 11:21 am
Share: