Clear all

PC le6 Solid Lights

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
hydro2
(@hydro2)
Topic starter

I have owned a PC le6 for about the past four years. About a year ago the light all the selection light buttons came on and stayed on. Some of them go off from time to time. I have read about the notorious button lights blinking randomly problem during my searches, but nobody seems to have the problem I have. It does not effect the play of the keyboard however, it does make it difficult to make to make adjustments because you can't tell what is selected and must refer to the LCD display when tweaking sounds. I have searched this forum, contacted Kurzweil directly and searched the net. I don't mind paying to have it repaired if the repair would a couple hundred or less. I use the board paired with a Nord Stage 2 EX and I am happy with the combo. Any insight or experience with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Kurzweil suggested that I re-set the board which I have. I also have the latest operating system on the board.

Posted : 12/01/2018 12:32 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member

Have you tried opening it up and removing, cleaning and reseating the internal connectors?

Kurzweil is notorious for using crappy low cost connectors that tend to fail with time.

Gary ;)

Posted : 14/01/2018 2:35 pm
hydro2
(@hydro2)
Topic starter

Thanks so much. I will give that a try when I get home tonight! Your response if greatly appreciated.

Mark

Posted : 15/01/2018 6:43 am
Eclipse69
(@eclipse69)
Eminent Member

Have you tried opening it up and removing, cleaning and reseating the internal connectors?

Kurzweil is notorious for using crappy low cost connectors that tend to fail with time.

Gary ;)

True, very true :lol: ..... but I'm not sure that just cleaning the connectors will help.
Try first, through Kurzweil's support http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/ - it is unlikely to get, but try Jean Robert Bellefeuille is very polite and kind.
If this is not the case, I will contact you with a great technician from the authorized Kurzweil representative for the Czech Republic.
Good luck !!!

Posted : 16/01/2018 2:49 am
Share: