Clear all

PC3K7 SetUp Mode Question

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

On certain setups I have, mostly with "choirs", I go into setup mode play a key and it makes a continuous "sustain". I can't isolate exact programs or effects because when I mute each program in the setup, the "sustain" is still there. I can block all effects in the setup and the "sustain" is still there. However, I found that when I hit the "panic" button, it re-sets. This is a real problem when playing live, having to make quick setup changes. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? Thanks for any help.

Posted : 19/07/2014 8:50 am
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

Thanks Zsola for the tips. Tried them all with no luck. I went in and disabled each zone until all zones were disabled and the sustain was still there ... Checked any setup mode aux overrides ... disabled any that were active and sustain was still there ... matter of fact, I pretty much disabled everything and the sustain was still there. I thought I had it isolated with certain programs and to a point, I do ... #73 Choir Complete always causes a sustain ... so I muted that program in the setups that were causing problems and it stopped ... so I have a workaround, sort of. But #257 CP80 Enhanced also causes a sustain and there are a few others ... and yes, hitting the Panic button stops everything and re-sets the setup back the way it is supposed to be. Funny, it only does this on setups, not programs. So I just have to keep searching for something the setups causing the problems have in common. Not ready to blame the keyboard yet. I've stayed away from SWPRGs and anything that wasn't "basic" stuff. So far, I do not use the sustain pedal. I'll keep looking but in the meantime, if anyone has any idea of what's happening, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks. :?

Posted : 20/07/2014 6:03 pm
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member

Maybe you should re-create the setup starting from 127 setup (clear setup).
If the problem persists, it is possible that it is in the program.
Good luck!!!

Kurzweil PC3K8 + Kore 64 - Alesis QS6 - M-Audio Keystation 61es - Macbook Pro OS 10.6 4Gb RAM DDR2 - Tascam US366 - Yamaha MG82cx

Posted : 24/07/2014 1:45 am
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

<<Maybe you should re-create the setup starting from 127 setup (clear setup).
If the problem persists, it is possible that it is in the program. >>

OK. I'll give that a try. Good idea. Thanks. :D

Posted : 24/07/2014 12:37 pm
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

FWIW, I re-created the setup from 127. Same thing happened. I'm getting that sustain and the only way to stop it is to press the "Master" button or the "Panic" button. I haven't been able to isolate the effect or programs associated with it as it does it on pianos, vocals, strings, etc. But it doesn't do it when I use the programs ... only Setups. Really frustrated. :? Isn't there anyone out there who's experienced this problem?

Posted : 25/07/2014 3:16 pm
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

FYI - Spent all day looking for the needle in the haystack. I deleted a couple of setups that contained samples that I had manually put into the keyboard (.wav files). One of the samples (or the setups containing one of those samples) was causing the problem because once they were deleted, everything has been fine. Not sure what it was but it was definitely a user error. :D

Posted : 26/07/2014 2:45 pm
Share: