Probelm with polyphony, volume and fx

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
bobo_man
(@bobo_man)
Topic starter

Hello,

I have one big problem with my PC3LE8. During gig I change a lot of programs and setups and use kobs and switches (it’s normal :D ) but I noticed that after a few songs:

1) the volume of next programs and setups are wrong – everything is very low and quiet. I realised that next program/setup inherit some parameters from previous setup but I don’t understand why. I would like to eliminate this because sometimes I have to switch off and then switch on my keyboard during gig to get normal volume.

Is it something with “entry/exit volume” in setups?

2) on the other hand, sometimes i change the setup and on other setup I have still for example delay from previous setup. It’s very annoing.

In master mode FX Mode is set to “Performance”.

3) Other question: when I switch on my keyboard I assume that all white pads should be illuminated for a short period of time (with blue-red color). It seems to me that this is some kind of diagnostics. I mean when all pads are illuminated that everything is ok, am I right?

So, when I switch my keyboard for a first time – one pad is not illuminated. But then if I immediately switch off and switch on one more time, all pads are illuminated. What does it mean? Is there something wrong?

4) Sometimes after a few songs (few setups) I switch to program mode with for example only piano sound and I noticed that polyphony is very low! And I have to switch off and switch on my keyboard to have normal polyphony.

I have OS v2.10 and I am going to update now to v2.26.

Thanks for help!

Posted : 14/07/2014 11:40 pm
bobo_man
(@bobo_man)
Topic starter

Thanks a lot zsola!!

I will follow your tips and check everything.

Regards,
bobo_man

Posted : 15/07/2014 5:42 am
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

I believe this is a very common issue inherit to the setup area, and although I rarely have to reboot my pc3k, I routinely press panic to resolve any volume/fx/polyphony issues.

If you create many different types of setups, this is going to happen, its the way Kurzweil has designed the keyboard.

When I first bought mine I was nervous about pressing the panic button not knowing what it was doing or going to do, but soon realized it was no big deal. The panic button probably should have been called something like "Reset" instead.

Posted : 15/07/2014 7:07 am
tonybanksfan
(@tonybanksfan)
Eminent Member

There already is a Reset soft button in Master zone so not really the right name to use, but, you get my drift?

Posted : 15/07/2014 7:52 am
bobo_man
(@bobo_man)
Topic starter

Hello again!!

I have just checked your tips. The Panic button really works. I thought that this button was to use when operating system was shutdown or some problems with MIDI. That button was in "Cakewalk" software (15 years ago:)

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,
bobo

Posted : 29/07/2014 12:24 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

You don´t need the panic-button if you´ve done your setups properly. Like stated earlier, ist the entry/exit stuff. Either check every layer has it´s volume set correctly on entry, and everything´s gonna be allright. Avoid the "none" on entry. this way you don´t tell it how loud it has to be, it will always stay on the momentary level of the channel. This may be the one before that.
You also may add as exit 127, means full throttle, to ensure the layer on that channel in the next setup has full volume, unless it has it´s own different entry level.

Posted : 29/07/2014 4:05 am
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member

I know this is an old thread, however, I believe I have found the problem with levels changing even when all settings are correct...

I had all my sounds set as setups with the faders set as volume adjustment for each layer. I would leave the faders at centre. I have done this for a long time, during gig I never touch the faders as I don't always know which fader is for which layer. Lately I did a few shows and found levels were incorrect for some layers not others, after reboot, came back but only for a little while, then changed again...

What I have found is the faders are sending commands as if touched (when not), probably from the vibration of playing the keyboard. You can easily test for this by going to a setup with all the faders used such as #39 then going to Master/More/Utils/Midi and tapping the panel around the faders or lightly tapping the faders to see if commands are generated as seen on the display.

I just went through and changed all my sounds to not use the faders unless needed during performance. Used the Panvol entry volume to set each layer.

Posted : 03/08/2016 7:26 am
Share: