Clear all

PC3K7 to PC3K6

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
adfac
(@adfac)
Topic starter

I've used my PC3K7 for over a year now and I just can't get used to the weighted action on this keyboard. First, does anyone else have a problem with it? Anyway, I've ordered a PC3K6 simply because I've been told by one of their artists who has both that the PC3K6 keys are barely weighted at all. My question is this. I want to have the same data loaded into the PC3K6 as in my 7 and theoretically, there should be no problem except for maybe the key assignments ... right? I'm expecting to have to change key assignments for split keyboards to accommodate the smaller keyboard but that should be about it .. correct? Just wondering if anyone might have the answer.

Posted : 06/05/2016 2:34 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

Personally I like the action. I play a acoustic piano, EP, Clav, synth and organ. As no one action is ideal for all of those instruments the semi-weighted action of the TP-8 is the most compromising of all actions that I have encountered.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 06/05/2016 3:53 pm
Share: