PC3LE6 Aux Send driving me crazy

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Lazarus9991
(@lazarus9991)
Topic starter

Hi!

..might be a stupid question but I'm not able to solve this: tried to load a PC3 File into the PC3LE. Everthings's fine so far, but I cannot control aux sent wet/ dry by turning Knob5 as it normally should! Factory programs work fine as they normally do, but the signal simply wont run thru the aux effect!

Does anybody know where to activate the aux send, how can the appropriate parameters be :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: set?

Greetings

Frank

Posted : 19/03/2014 2:25 am
barb
 barb
(@barb)

It's a known issue with files imported from PC3 to PC3Le.
I had to rework this on Moose Attack, and Vortex to make them 100 % compatible with the Le, and that's why the effect chain of Kephren was done with a PC3.
The effects Info pages have to be created and filled with the controlers affectations in the PC3 so the PC3Le will know what to do with the new imported effects chains...
You can't edit the effect in the Le.
I hope this help !

Posted : 19/03/2014 3:50 am
Lazarus9991
(@lazarus9991)
Topic starter

Hi,

the effects Info pages have to be created and filled with the controlers affectations in the PC3 so the PC3Le will know what to do with the new imported effects chains...

Thanks for your reply barb, just to get it right: If have the PC3 File imported and the imported FX chain doesnt work, is there a way to apply new insert and aux efx's so that the file will work within the PC3LE? Main Problem is that the aux send doesnt work, the insert works right the way, is this really related to the import procedure or is there another way to let the sound go thru the aux send too? In the VAST Menu: is there a point where the aux send has to be activated for a specific layer?

Hope you understand what I mean?!

Greetings

Posted : 19/03/2014 6:10 am
barb
 barb
(@barb)

You can replace the PC3 effect chain in the FX page with one you choose from the PC3Le effect chain presets.
For example take one sound you imported from the PC3, hit EDIT / FX and choose the effect you want for the insert and / or for the aux.
Then hit PARAMETER to check the controlers assignments of the effects.
You cannot make some efx settings in the VAST menu...

Posted : 19/03/2014 7:29 am
Lazarus9991
(@lazarus9991)
Topic starter

OK there we are! I tried this, works with the insert effect without problems but the aux effect doesn't work.

Sorry for that question but: is there a way in the VAST menu to determine the send level of the aux effect per layer or for all layers together?. However I did not find any way to do this!

Regards

Frank

Posted : 19/03/2014 8:55 am
barb
 barb
(@barb)

You don't have access to effects settings, send level for insert or aux level in VAST per layer or for global.
What effect did you choose for Aux ? you have to replace it too...
And in the parameter page, what controler is assigned to Aux FX Wet / Dry ? it should be knob 5

Posted : 19/03/2014 10:31 am
Lazarus9991
(@lazarus9991)
Topic starter

Hi, I contacted Kurzweil support too! Very nice guy, Jean Robert Bellefeuille , Jean, I hope you read this!, absolute prompt reaction! Obviously you have too access the PC3LE from the editor to gain full access to the VAST parameters! As far as I checked it, its not a problem of changing the effect. You have to change the effect send level either in the editor or by using the bigger brother, a PC3!

I'll download the editor and give it a try, although some people reported problems!

Greetings and again thanks to all of you!

Frank

Posted : 20/03/2014 5:19 am
barb
 barb
(@barb)

Good to know you found the solution,
Congrat"s to Kurzweil support !

Posted : 20/03/2014 6:25 am
Share: