PC3x Boot Up Problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
HokieKev
(@hokiekev)
Topic starter

Hello,

I have a PC3x which has a boot up problem. When you turn the power on the screen on the PC3x lights up - but you do not get the three normal booting up messages. Usually, if I turn the power off and on a few times it will eventually boot. Once it boots, as far as I can tell, everything seems to be running fine. It has actually had this problem off and on since I bought it in 2008 but I never bothered to get it fixed since it happened only sporadically.

A couple of months ago I upgraded to the most recent OS for use with the PC3x on the Kurzweil web site. After I did that upgrade it seemed to work perfectly for a few weeks - no boot up problem. The boot up problem got worse about 3 weeks ago.

Recently, this boot up problem got to the point where it happens all the time and I could not get it to boot at all, so I took it into a repair shop in my area. The repair shop is “Pro-Tech” in Silver Spring, MD. I have used them before for other equipment and they have a good reputation. The repair shop was not able to duplicate my problem. When they turn it on it just works. They said that they were going to do a hard reset and I said that was fine. But since they never duplicated the boot up problem I ran into I am not confident that this will fix the problem.

It occurs to me that I might not have done a hard reset after the OS upgrade. Could this explain the boot up problem? I did check the version number in the info window to verify that the upgrade worked. Also, I have installed the "KORE 64" upgrade ROM in the PC3x a couple of months ago - I did the OS upgrade as part of that install process. It worked perfectly for 3 weeks after I did that work so I don't think that is the problem. Also, it has had this boot up problem off and on since I bought the keyboard in 2008 so I don't think the upgrade I did is related to the problem.

Is there anything else that I could ask the repair shop to check or do before they return it to me? I’d like to take this keyboard to the occasional gig - what can I do to make sure it is as reliable as possible?

Thanks in Advance for any Hints, Tips or Advice.

Posted : 17/08/2017 2:08 pm
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

Read this:

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/ ... ost-187076

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 17/08/2017 5:22 pm
Share: