5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everybody!

There is no problem with the pitch bender. I don't know where is problem. I downloaded Jordan Rudess Liquid Lead from here. It's awsome! But, when I move up bender and press G6, some layer moves for a semitone and other layers moves a whole tone, and it sounds unpleasantly. There is one more problem, but not when moving bender. When I press C7, D7...and some more keys, I have dissonance, like moving bender onG6. I have C7 and C#7 sounding in same time. That is problem with Liquid Lead. I contacted my friend who have pc3x, and he send me pc3 file, and once again, there is same problem, but he don't have that problem.

I have one mor problem with setup mode. I add several programs into setup, and set up and down bend on 12 and there is no problem when I move bender. But, when I want to set on 24...aaah...it sounds desperate. Like 24 semitones at same time. I don't know how to fix it. I am starting to think that there is a problem with my instrument, but obviously, there is problem with my knowledge.

Thank you for the time! :-)

Posted : 09/12/2013 4:40 pm
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

If this is the sound that I programmed, you might be running into problems with transposition limits on some of the samples, especially if the pitchbend works fine in lower note ranges. The only real way to solve this is to modify the keymaps to include higher pitched samples.

I'm not ruling out a problem with the programming of pitch bend within the patch itself, as this sound went through a lot of hands before it was finished, and the sound is quite complex and it's possible we messed up the pitch bend programming of it, but I would have expected to hear about general pitch bend problems before now, as we released this sound quite some time ago.

Can you confirm if the pitch bend problems only happen in the higher key ranges? I'm probably not in a position to have another look at this sound right at the moment, but I can put it on my to do list and spend some time on it when I get some time in the studio.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 09/12/2013 8:00 pm
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you! Yeah, I have problem only in higher pitch ranges, and the only key with no problems is F#6. :-) Down is all right. I have same problem with some setups. For exemple, one of programs, that I have in that setup is 935 Ready 2 Rock organ. Bender setup 24 up, 24 down. When I move bender down, it's all right, but up nothing is all right. Just when I hit the lowest tones, it sounds ok, but then sounds only some harmonics, not full sound, but anyhow, I don't use that lowe tones in that setup. The same problem is with other sounds in that setup. When. I setup bender on 12 semitones for up, there is no problem. I tried to add Liquid lead, but the same problem is there, but bouth up and down. I can't recognise how much some layers goes up, because it sounds so dissonantly, but with some programs, in same setup, on lower notes I have diferent tone moves. For exemple, when I hit, C1 or D1, on 69 Vienna Octaves, I have sound of F#3 and A4. Now, I thinked that I realized problem. I thoughed, there are many layers in every program, every keymap limitations...but there is no problem when I set it up on 12 semitones, where ever I hit the key and move bender up. I am starting to think that there is a problem with my instrument.

I'm sorry for lengthily answer, and thank you for the time! :-)

Posted : 10/12/2013 3:44 pm
Trsacar
(@trsacar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cheers!

Posted : 10/12/2013 3:44 pm
The Puppeteer
(@the-puppeteer)
Trusted Member

Depending on the sample rate, Kurzweil instruments can transpose up by a maximum of 1-2 Octaves. The maximum playback rate on K2600's is 96 kHz, so a 48kHz sample can only be transposed 1 octave up. There is a sample skip feature that can extend this a little. Transposing 2 octaves up is pretty much the limit on Kurzweil instruments without using Timbreshift.

The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Mastering VAST Forum

Posted : 10/12/2013 6:28 pm
Share: