Clear all

Question for Artis 7 users

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
maestrosteve
(@maestrosteve)
Topic starter

My friend who is a studio owner and I just bought 2 brand new Artis 7 keyboards.  I put the keyboards thru the paces to check them out.  I’ve been a Kurzweil owner since the 1990s, even now have 4 Kurzweil keyboards and 1 K2VP rack so I’m very familiar with the Kurzweil stuff, the menus on the keyboards, how to adjust all the global settings, etc..

Both keyboards had issues, with the touch.  There were some notes that wouldn’t sound if you touched the keys lightly, like if you wanted to play softer.  Even changing the touch sensitivity settings and doing keyboard resets made no difference.  I could actually play certain notes over and over and get no sound playing them very lightly, and they would then sound when you gave them some force, they were then loud, so they were working notes.  You couldn’t play some notes soft, they just wouldn’t make any sound.

Same thing on both keyboards, only different notes.  It seems that the action was not consistent on either one. My friend played his for hours before I got a chance to check his keyboard out and he never noticed anything, so it’s not the kind of thing that is very apparent.  I didn’t notice it at all until I opened up the 2nd keyboard, the problem was more obvious because the notes were middle C and middle E right in front of my face, and then we went back to his keyboard and found a few notes in the upper register that gave no sound without giving an effort.

I didn’t think it was possible to get 2 lemons.  I’ve never bought a keyboard that had any problems enough for me to return it, but we are returning both.  I like everything else about the Artis 7, the size, the weight, the sounds, and would like to get a replacement of the same keyboard but usually if I buy anything and it’s a lemon, I feel burned enough to not get another one and buy something else.

Has anyone seen this problem with Artis 7 keybeds?  I'd really like to know if it is an isolated thing, or if this is normal for this keybed.

Posted : 13/02/2017 11:30 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

The best is that you contact Support at http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 14/02/2017 2:38 pm
maestrosteve
(@maestrosteve)
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply. I returned it and have another one coming in it's place. For someone who has bought and played Kurzweil keyboards since the 90s and never had a single issue with any new keyboard that I purchased, I'd be VERY disappointed if this replacement has any issues.

Steve

Posted : 14/02/2017 5:59 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

I would still recommend you to send a message to Support so that we receive all the details from you directly.

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 15/02/2017 7:30 am
Share: