Setup switch with pedal

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
gasperg
(@gasperg)
Topic starter

Hello

I've bought FS-5U boss switch pedal. I've connected the pedal to switch pedal 2 input.
Where is the option for switching beetwen setups? MASTER or MIDI menu, or
must I do it for each setup specifically? It's the PC3K8
Tnx for answers.

Posted : 07/09/2015 11:38 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Go to FTSW2 page in one zone of each setup which has to behave this way, then set:
Type: momentary
On Control: CC 139 (SetupInc)
On Value: 127
Do this in only ONE zone or you'll advance more than one location

Posted : 07/09/2015 2:18 pm
gasperg
(@gasperg)
Topic starter

Thanks for advice. I'm gonna try this today.

Posted : 08/09/2015 2:18 am
saleiro
(@saleiro)

And if i want to go back 3 setups using the foot switch? I've tried that but i only can back 1 setup. Using the SetpGoto does'nt work: because i'm using custom setups in another bank... when using it the keyboard goes to bank 1 (use the factory setups). My keyboard is a PC3.

I have a music that use 5 setups, repeating the last 4 a couple times... (the first one is just for the intro).

Thanks!

Posted : 08/09/2015 4:11 am
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Try putting CC 140 (SetupDec) on the footswitch on 3 zones of your last setup (if you do not have 3 add enough mute zones just to add this control)

Posted : 08/09/2015 12:56 pm
saleiro
(@saleiro)

Tried that, but no go. I think that PC3 catches process the FT SW 1 commands in layer order... when the SetpDec comes on first layer PC3 execute this and change the setup, the other commands are ignored.

I really do not understand the SetpGoto thing... for me it makes no sense at all to goto to a setup inside 0-127 range!! Maybe i can move all factory setups to another bank and start to use the first bank to my setups.

Posted : 08/09/2015 4:36 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

You are right... setupGoto makes no sense with the 0-127 range. It was an inheritance from PC2. The best recommended way is to use Inc/Dec and put them in order.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 21/09/2015 5:24 pm
saleiro
(@saleiro)

Yeah, i've done that! The bad thing is the duplicated setups, like in the cover from "Dream theater - Pull me under" that i play... due to the fast setup change required i must have them changed by foot switch, resulting in two identical setups duplicated to do the job.

Posted : 01/10/2015 4:54 am
Muzicole
(@muzicole)

Nothing wrong with duplicated setups at all. We do it in musical theatre programming all the time.

Posted : 17/10/2015 11:25 am
Share: