Clear all

Smooth patch transition?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
phingahz
(@phingahz)
Topic starter

Does the Forte have "smooth patch transition" from patch to multi or patch to patch?

Thanks

Posted : 23/10/2019 8:51 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Yes but it has restrictions.

In order to have smooth transitions you need to leave enough FX units available for the next program or multi to load its FXs without killing the FXs of the previous program or multi. We let you use all the FX units of the machine (32) in one program if you want to but then you will not have a smooth transition. Because we give this freedom, people tend to put more FXs that are needed into their programs. We have some very efficient FXs that with very few units can do lots of common stuff. If you use those or your programs or multis share FXs chains, you can have a nice smooth experience.

Making sure that the gain of your programs is uniform is also an important issue to have a smooth transition.

Broadway musicals that use our keyboards, like the Forte, are masters in using just what they need in their programs and multis so that the transition is smooth in their shows. And they do hundreds of transitions in a single show!!!

Other companies do it differently. They restrict what you can do in a program, so that they can have available resources for the next program. We prefer to give you the freedom to choose.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 24/10/2019 11:42 am
phingahz
(@phingahz)
Topic starter

Thanks Fran, I just purchased a Forte 7 & looking forward to working with it. It's a beast that has so many possibilities.

Posted : 24/10/2019 5:39 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

For those of you getting a Forte or a PC4, please join the Beta community.

forte_beta@ycrdi.com
pc4_beta@ycrdi.com

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 28/10/2019 1:52 pm
geoela
(@geoela)
Trusted Member

I will be moving to one of these as soon as I sell my PC3K8 with Kore64 and Gator case.

Posted : 29/10/2019 4:54 am
anotherscott
(@anotherscott)

I've seen that some models have downloadable Objects Lists, that provide list of all the available Effects, Effects Chains, Programs, and Setups/Multis. But does anyone have a version of this list that includes how many "effects units" each of these individual effects, effect chains, programs, and multis/setups take? I think that could be a real time save if you're trying to assemble programs or multis/setups that you know won't exceed maximums, or won't glitch during seamless transitions.

Posted : 04/11/2019 5:35 pm
cecchino
(@cecchino)
Estimable Member

Talking about PC3 series, if you go to the Mastering VAST forum you may still find the ToolBox, a software developed in Java which reads the .PC3, .P3K etc. files and shows info also on the number of fx units used.
You will probably have to subscribe.

Posted : 05/11/2019 1:04 am
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member

does anyone have a version of this list that includes how many "effects units" each of these ... take?

I attached a file f301pau.zip which lists the FX algorithm and chain objects in the Forte 3.01 object file.
It includes the number of PAUs for each algorithm and total PAUs for the chain.
What about FX presets? That requires a little more work - not a quick cut and paste of existing output.

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 05/11/2019 6:49 pm
Share: