Sounds: ARTIS vs. FORTE

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
afr
 afr
(@afr)
Topic starter

Just to have a clearer idea about differences between ARTIS and Forte, can you please indicate to me the main features about sounds available?

I will do a short list about some features to compare

9ft German Piano, as far as I understood is the same on both the instruments

7ft Japanese Piano, available only on FORTE

KORE 64: is the same on both the instruments? same number of selected sounds?

Sounds coming from PC3: is the same on both the instruments? same number of selected sounds?

Thanks a lot

Posted : 17/11/2014 9:29 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

I could be mistaken but I think that the Forte 9' German grand on the Forte is an upgrade over the Artis.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 17/11/2014 11:12 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

http://kurzweil.com/product/forte/specs/
309 Stunning factory Programs featuring the all new vintage Japanese and German Grands, new Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion

Artis Germand Grand is a subset of the Forte one.

The new electric piano samples in Forte are one of the most important thing... normally shadowed by the acoustic pianos, but the Rhodes and Wurlies are pretty awesome in Forte... And those using Clavs or Harpsichords, the difference is huge also.

Personally, I love the Bells... I know, you don't need them too often, but they are super-fun.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 17/11/2014 11:13 am
afr
 afr
(@afr)
Topic starter

Thanks a lot for the answers,

One more clarification about sounds coming from Kore, this point is not very clear to me

Do Artis and Forte have the same amount of data & programs?

Or does Forte have more data?

Thank you again

Posted : 17/11/2014 12:47 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Forte has Kore64 and Base ROM like ARTIS.

Related to Base ROM in Forte: There are few missing rare samples that could not be ported properly and few others that might sound slightly different. But, the good news is that the Base ROM samples in Forte have actually better quality than the ones in PC3 or Artis.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 17/11/2014 1:08 pm
afr
 afr
(@afr)
Topic starter

Now everything is clear

Thx :)

Posted : 17/11/2014 1:29 pm
Share: