Clear all

SoundTower for Forte

17 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
hectorspace
(@hectorspace)

Hi Hooch
The old TX7 is cool, it has a sound all of its own. I've still got a couple of them too! Nice one

What version of Windows are you using?
Are you using ST standalone on the PC or as a VST plugin on your DAW?

Here's my setup:- WinXP service pack 3, USB straight to motherboard, Core2 duo Intel hardware with 4 gig Ram. Sound Tower as a stand alone editor version 1.15.
I haven't changed any of the defaults for buffer size etc.
I boot the PC first.
When I boot the Forte, I get that ding dong (I've found a USB peripheral) alert from the PC. The PC then opens up the Forte's ram disk.
Next I open the ST editor. Sometimes it grabs the correct USB device automatlically, other times you have select the midi usb device manually. There can be some trial and error because ST doesn't seem to make it clear which its actually using! I guess I wouldn't have this issue if I only had one USB midi/audio device connected to my pc. Once I've selected the right device I get feedback from the Forte's screen showing both midi in and out red. After that what ever I do in the ST editor is sent to the Forte and both work in sync.
Important note: with ST V1.15 you really do have to upload (i.e. to the ST editor!) all the Forte's Programes, Multis and Effects Chains, otherwise you run the risk of overwriting your creations on the Forte.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Steve

Posted : 04/12/2015 7:24 am
Hooch
(@hooch)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Steve,

Thanks for the tips.

I just don't have a time capsule from 2002, or was it 2003?, sitting around.
Due to work, and the need to keep up, I've moved on long ago.
I guess I need to dig up a machine to run XP on.
I have a strong feeling it will work.

John

Posted : 03/01/2016 10:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: