3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
kru
 kru
(@kru)
Topic starter

Hi

I'm having some stability/usability issues with soundtower(2.2.1) *edit: SP4*.
Should I use some compatibility mode to launch the program or even find some older laptop to run it with instead of Windows 10?

My issues are mostly with the algorithm part in the layer editor, the box seems to mess up and the filter selection boxes vanish leaving me with a black box with some grey lines.

turns into this

I think I've managed to overwrite some of the default algorithms, as some sounds are bit weird sounding after some fiddling around.

Is it all just shortcomings of the editor or am I seeing some bug here?

Posted : 27/11/2019 12:55 pm
Mac06
(@mac06)
Eminent Member

The editor is a crap. It has been all but complaints over the years, starting from the first one (PC3). Be sure to send Soundtower a bug report (support@soundtower.com), maybe they'll be able to assist you.

It's actually one of the mysteries of the Universe, why Kurzweil keep dealings with Soundtower instead of looking for another contractor or develop an in-house editor/librarian...

Forte | K2000

Posted : 27/11/2019 3:07 pm
wildbill
(@wildbill)
Trusted Member

I've been using the editor for the Forte with the PC4. Most of it works, but it crashes the PC4 far too often.
When it does, the PC4 goes to the OS update screen and you have to press "Run PC4" and start over.

I have an easier time editing it from the keyboard itself.
But lots of things are much slower that way and require more button presses.

Posted : 27/11/2019 6:04 pm
Share: