3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

Hi there,

long time ago since I last visited, sorry for that.

Been a Kurzweil user since the early 90's. Owned PC88, K2000R, K2500, K2600, K2661, and still have a PC3x.
Although I still love the PC3x, it is getting too heavy and killing my back, getting it in and out of my car.
And suddenly I found out about the SP6. Reading the reviews from users I decided it might be something for me. My main concern was the action. And man was I surprised! What a great playability for that weight, amazing.

The sound seems to be a tad more in your face than the PC3's, but only slightly and not really a bad thing. And some of the grand piano's are actually better sounding. I like the Rich Grand patch a lot. I always thought the PC3x had a bit of a stiff action, though very playable, compared to my grand piano I have in the living room. But the Medeli action on the SP6 nails it almost completely. Very nice to play.

And I do like the design, better than I expected after seeing the photos. It's also bigger than I thought it would be.
It feels pretty sturdy as well, definitely not cheap, and the weight! Can't believe it. If I just look at it my brain already starts to signal my back muscles and spine to get ready for something really heavy. But when I lift it up it is so light, very pleasant experience.

Even though I spent only an hour or so, auditioning the sounds and trying the keyboard overall feel, I'm going to use it this afternoon at a gig. I'm very curious how it will go. Will have to change my workflow but today I'm only playing some piano and rhodes patches so I'll be allright.

Cheers
Jan

Posted : 15/09/2018 1:36 am
Coker
(@coker)

Congrats! I’ve been enjoying mine hugely. You might want to join the SP6 forum on Facebook...

Posted : 15/09/2018 6:28 pm
jan
 jan
(@jan)
Topic starter

Thanks, I didn't know there was a FB page for the SP6. Will check it out.

Posted : 16/09/2018 12:45 am
Share: