Clear all

Extracting Kore64 Sounds to SP6...

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
miden
(@miden)
Topic starter

So here is a curly one. I now have the Kore64 sounds (kore64.FOR) however it is way too big to load into the SP6, just to extract maybe 60 or 70 sounds. I tried doing the "load some" but again it only reveals a select number. The ones I am looking at initially are numbered in the 3000's. So I tried getting the Forte Editor App and loading it into that thinking I could strip out all the sounds I do not want, however the Forte Editor needs a *.FORT file. The KOre64.FOR will not even show on the load box. (and I tried changing the ext a well haha!)

The question is, does anyone know a way (short of asking someone with a Forte) of being able to extract only certain files from these packs?

Thanks

Posted : 16/09/2018 1:46 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Where did you get that file?

Try this: http://kurzweil.com/product/pc3/downloads/

Get the 2_21 PC3 update.

There is a file there called: XKORE225.PC3

On the SP6, use the Load menu (either PC Drive or USB Device), when you go through SOME, you will see the list of objects on that file, you can scroll in that list with the spin wheel, and you can select the programs you want to load with the LOCAL DEST button. Just select Programs from the list.

I just tried it, and loaded a bunch of KORE64 programs onto my SP6. And they work.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 17/09/2018 7:45 am
miden
(@miden)
Topic starter

Lovely, thanks Fran. I will do that now.

Posted : 17/09/2018 10:02 am
miden
(@miden)
Topic starter

oky doky that works well. But there looks like there could be sounds there I'd like to use but would like to try first. Is there a way I can perhaps reduce the list down to the 1000 slots available on the SP6 via the PC3 editor? Or does the editor require the PC3 itself to be connected?

IE can I load that pc3 file into the PC3 editor without having a pc3?

Thanks

Posted : 17/09/2018 10:11 am
Share: