Clear all

Sympathetic resonance

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
quasar
(@quasar)
Topic starter

To my amazement even PC3LE has a piano with sympathetic resonance simulation. Check layer 5 of RubensteinSWCom. Maybe it can even be copied to other stock piano programs.

Kurzweil, you should advertise this!

Posted : 27/04/2013 7:54 am
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

I don't think they should advertise it. The only true sympathetic resonance is the one that is modelled in realtime, not done with samples. And it's not really sounding much like actual piano sympathetic resonance to me... Nor does it behave like one. You can't do the silent note resonating thing (press a chord quietly and hold it then whack a chord and hear the held keys resonating) - it's not working like that at all. Sounds more like very mild guitar amp feedback to me (no wonder, it's using sine waves :)).

Posted : 07/05/2013 2:07 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Indeed, the LE doesn't have a physical model for that. It's a very interesting and very complex matter at the same time.

With 32 layers per program, and 128 key ranges per keymap, you can have imagination in your programming and add layers like quasar comments. You might enjoy playing that program or not, which in the end is what matters, but with imagination, VAST could be really vast.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 08/05/2013 7:03 am
delaware dave
(@delaware-dave)
Estimable Member

While I hear ED's comments and agree that the resonance needs some improvement it really depends on the application. If you're recording then it might make a difference; in a stage application with a loud band I (nor anyone else) has ever heard the sympathetic resonance, whether it be good or bad.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie122; MS Low Pro/Pro 3T; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini Desktop Module; 67 Howard Combo Organ; https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

Posted : 22/05/2013 6:45 pm
Share: