Forum

User Defined Scales...

Notifications
Clear all

User Defined Scales Possible on PC3K Series?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
BillW
(@billw)
Topic starter

Anybody know whether it's possible to create a user defined scale on the PC3K? For example, on my Kronos, I can take each of the 12 notes in the scale and tweak them up/down a bit and then save that for use in any program.

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:04 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Intonation tables in MAster mode. Press Edit into an intonation table and you'll see...

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:34 am
BillW
(@billw)
Topic starter

I see that in the manual now...thanks, Fran! How would I assign a particular intonation map to a program? I don't see any other references to intonation map in the manual. I do not have a Kurzweil instrument at the moment. I've been looking for a used PC361 for quite some time...they are very rare nowadays. I will probably buy a new PC3K6 eventually.

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:41 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

They are global. One you select one intonation map it applies to all the programs.

If you want to create a particular program with a particular tuning you could do it at the Keymap level.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:40 pm
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

Yes, this is the only gripe I have with intonation tables in PC3... They really should be a program-level parameter, on COMMON page. Using custom keymaps is just a very, very, VERY kludgy and unimpressive workaround IMHO...

Please take note of this for future products. It is very important to have this flexibility. Also, detunings should be possible both in Hz and in cents.

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:43 pm
Share: