Forum

When did Kurzweil c...

Notifications
Clear all

When did Kurzweil change from blue to black ?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
voodoo
(@voodoo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi All,

Just had my LE6 replacement - but this time it is blue rather than the black one I previously had.
Anyone know what came first the blue or the black version ? (have I been given back an LE6 ? :? )

eCommerce software that lives in the cloud and can be used on multiple websites at the same time (FaceBook #1 ecommerce app) , physical products and digital / sound / audio / downloads - and it's FREE http://www.ecwids.co.uk

Posted : 06/08/2013 4:10 am
EvilDragon
(@evildragon)
Trusted Member

Blue one was first.

Posted : 06/08/2013 11:58 am
voodoo
(@voodoo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Ah - in that case - rather than replace the faulty one with a new one - they have sent me an older one.

The 'new' one I have been sent sounds better than the previous one (and no I am not mad), the organs sound much better - which I can only put down to the first one I had was faulty and that affected the sound quality.

Looks wise I preferred the retro wood look on the side and prefer black to blue. The other thing that I noticed is that the output levels vary a great deal between each program , and the knobs / switches are assigned to different things as well - esp on the e pianos (It is on an older OS though)

eCommerce software that lives in the cloud and can be used on multiple websites at the same time (FaceBook #1 ecommerce app) , physical products and digital / sound / audio / downloads - and it's FREE http://www.ecwids.co.uk

Posted : 08/08/2013 1:46 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

This is what I know about it... both LEs are identical except cosmetics like color, end cups. Some distributors can or could order some numbers of one model and some numbers of the other one. My bet, just a hunch, is that your distributor didn't have more black ones and that's why they probably gave you a blue one.

They sound exactly, 100%, the same. They are the same thing. BUT, they could have had different OSs installed. Or, the original one could have been broken... well, they gave you a new one because of something.

So, even if the blue LEs came first, that does not necessarily mean that they are old respect to the black, as I heard different distributors could ask for one or the other.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 08/08/2013 10:57 am
annuello
(@annuello)

Is StyleFlip still going to make Kurzweil skins? I can't see Kurzweil in their list of manufacturers. Just thinking that you could have blue, black, or whatever colour/pattern you like...

Annuello.

Posted : 08/08/2013 3:30 pm
Share: