8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
43.1 K Views
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Synth strings, Switch adds octave, left hand horn...

Posted : 07/03/2016 6:36 pm
christianjwagner
(@christianjwagner)

Thanks a lot.
Tried to load it on my PC3K, however, I see that two programs (zone 2 and 3 in the setup) are "NOTHING", can it be that you did not save the dependent object with it or something?

Posted : 08/03/2016 3:12 pm
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

No, I always have those zones in my setups to ensure my other midi attached keyboards do not play anything, they are set for ch 1 & 2... I set them to the 'Nothing' patch just to be sure. If a previous setup has a sound on ch 1 or 2, they will stay set unless changed. This makes sure I have no surprises during a show.

Posted : 08/03/2016 7:59 pm
SteveRayTurner
(@steverayturner)

Hi I am new to this but have loaded the files onto my PC3K8
I can see for files in the program User A area:
jefault program
Nothing
Fat Syn Orch
Horn Section Layer

Is the idea to merge all these together?
Also there is a message to use some controls to activate octive control etc. Can someone explain that to me.
New to the forum and new to this - help gratefully appreciated.
Steve

Posted : 13/11/2017 6:18 pm
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

You probably already figured it out by now (sorry, I have not been on here for a while) is a 'setup'... generally I do everything as a setup as is usually quicker and easier to build.

John

Posted : 20/11/2017 8:32 am
yann89
(@yann89)
Eminent Member

Hi,
me too I work on setups instead of programming sounds.
But some setups contains more than 5 or 6 sounds on the same zone.
So, a little question:
Is it better to have setups with sounds in a pile on the same zone, or create one sound with many keymaps (layers) and so use one sound in the setup?

Yann

Posted : 20/11/2017 9:20 am
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am not sure which is better, will probably depend on the effects you want to use... and the effects limitations. I believe the effects are set per zone, so if you want the same effect on every sound, it may be better to pile in one zone than use up lots of effect resources. If a sound needs a different effect - then put on a different zone. When using lots of different sounds in a setup... the effects limitations soon become apparent and require careful planning to get desired results.

Posted : 27/11/2017 8:02 am
yann89
(@yann89)
Eminent Member

yep, very good analyze so I'm often be facing effects limitation problems.
Ah why not 32 FX on PC3K? It would be great. And if Forte had the same capabilities as PC3K such as controllers, I would go on Forte.

Would Kurzweil create a new Forte3K ??

Posted : 27/11/2017 8:47 am
Share: