another one

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
tmo.chillman
(@tmo-chillman)
Topic starter

Hi there,

I'm timo, or as people call me, just chillman .-)
I'm 31 and live in germany.

Actually I'm a guitarist, but now I want to improve again my piano skills (played piano as a child only).
My favourite music is a mixture of nice classical stuff (I love Beethoven), and modern stuff like rock, progressive rock (dream theater!), also some electro.

the reason why i'm here, is I would like to use all the great synth capabilities of my pc3k, mainly in order to recreate classical sounds. VAST seems quiet powerfull ... but also very complex and sometimes confusing.
So if anyone has tips and tricks on how to achieve this and that, that would be great.
In return I'll also give you my advise for your problems.

My first practice on the pc3k was to recreate the sound from "jump" (van halen). It took me some time, as I'm still not so familiar on how to use VAST, but finally it sounds a lot more realistic compared to my work on the Nord lead 2x.
I posted the patch under "V" and then in "van halen" - if you want to try out :-)

My next steps will be some more classic sounds. As a special challenge I want to reproduce the "monster lead" from derek sherinian (ex Dream theater keyboardist), as close as possible.

If this is what you are likewise looking for, then stay tuned for my posts.

Best regards
tmo

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:31 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Welcome!

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 04/05/2013 6:56 pm