Clear all

G'day from downunder Queensland Australia

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
PC3owner
(@pc3owner)
Topic starter

I just got a PC3..... long story short..... I liked the K2500 ... but after reading up about the PC3 ,,, the little extra money made it worthwhile .... first impression , I like the pianos... BUT I absolutely love the concert harp..
the sound programming seems very live gig oriented.. workhorse sounds... plenty ? a plethora of orchestral sounds for movie soundtrack composers.. strings brass etc etc.. Meh ! ..another first impression .. where is all the FREAK SHOW stuff that V.A.S.T. afficionados keep bragging about.... I want to hear the thing really chew into XTRA creative sound making possibilities. I've programmed synths a lot,, this is my first Kurz.. glad I got the programmer , getting old & my eyes dont' focus too well on tiny displays.. K2000 years ago had a sound called "3rd World Order.. " that really caught my ears..& that's what I'm talking about. ... where's that kind of stuff on the PC3 ?.. anyhow ,, fresh of the bus.. I'm taking it for a tour of the sound cosmos.

Oh ,, I write a lot of songs , soundtrack stuff, experimental noises.. every kind of decontructionist phsyco tweeky noise you could imagine.

Posted : 30/07/2013 6:29 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Welcome!

Have fun, and we'll be waiting for your submissions. If your sounds does not suit a particular song, please post them in The Vault.

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 30/07/2013 6:34 am
PC3owner
(@pc3owner)
Topic starter

thanks for the welcome Francisco ..
& thanks for posting this site..

as an avid sound programmer & synth tweeker , I hope to find much
colour & potential in my PC3 ... I have stated that I find the VAST
engine vastly underused... like taking a high powered sports car shopping to the corner general store ,

I did a lot of innovative creation on my KORG T2 ...DW8000 ... FX units.. etc.
& also have a large collection of M1 sounds from many other libraries... sadly , most of what I collected
was uninspired & useless filler. not showing much imagination or creative impetus.

I made my T2 do things you would not recognise.
taking it to the extreme corners of all it's facilities including the Digital effects.
I never posted any for sale. so my creations are still a personal secret.

what I've heard so far on the PC3 is humble "rompler" play back stuff.
all fair enough familiar meat & potatoes stuff for regular sequencing
for regular gigs & film tracking.
but barely scratches the surface of what promises to be quite a kick puncher
sound engine. I got the PC3 because of it's alleged potential to out synth
the other synths.. he he..

now that I have a pile of kurz sounds assembled..
PC3 & K2000 programs.. can you advise...what is the fastest way to audition this
gigantic pile of banks.. ? I have the editor program.
so I can weed out those I can use from those which
sound similar & would not get used.. eg .. all those drum kits..

best regards jules.

Posted : 02/08/2013 4:56 am
Share: