Forum

Greetings from Asbu...

Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ (I live close enough!)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Merc
 Merc
(@merc)
Topic starter

Allright, so I'm within 15miles of the Stone Pony and all that so I'd thought I'd take literary license. Saw many bands there and went to my first concert at the Convention Center (J.Geil's Band)

I like all music but have a strong affection for the 70's when bands wrote their own stuff and made concept albums. Prefer Stones over Beatles, Neil over CSNY, Yes over Rush. Play out with a female vocalist. The ability to cover songs with just me and her is quite a challenge and lots of fun especially when we rip 'em apart with "Gimmee Shelter" (she's as good as the album!) Write and copyright music with first wave of cd's to publishers several months ago. A glimpse of our set list includes: Stones, Zeppelin, Cure, Sheryl Crow, Adelle, Peter Gabriel, Sara Bareille (Gravity not Love Song!). Have a buddy on sax join us as well for some Bruuuce, Foreigner...we don't do top 40.

Have some cool setups to share and looking to become better at programming and using all the PC3LE has to offer. Of course would prefer less time programming and more time playing! :D

Rarely use song mode because we want complete freedom. Mainly modify setups in the PC3 where the drums work...modify their tempo and then add in all my sounds, splits, etc. Since I'm a duet getting percussion is key. I'm interested in what the rest of folks are doing. Have a Roland drum machine, DrumCore Software and the P3C... Do I purchase yet another item? Maschine? I need quick beats and would rather spend my time playing, building good setups, rather than creating drum tracks. Interested in your experiences and opinions.

I read that I'm suppose to post here as a newbie so I deleted my previous post on this subject.
Merc.

Posted : 19/05/2013 10:45 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Welcome Merc!

Please Share :-)

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 20/05/2013 9:32 am
Share: