1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
hectorspace
(@hectorspace)
Topic starter

Hi Everyone!
My name is Steve... A note about my background:
I have been playing keyboards in bands (both pro and semi pro) since 1977 - More than 35 years. In that time I've owned and used in anger a huge range of keyboards including many of the world's best! Moog Mini & Prodigy, Hammond M102/L122, Clavinet D6, Rhodes Stage 73, Wurlitzer EP200, Yamaha DX7, TX7, KX88, CP 250, Roland RD700SX, RD700GX, RD800, Juno Di, Juno 60, Prophet 600, 2000, 2002, Oberheim Matrix 6 & DPX1, Korg DSS1, EMU 2 & ESI4000, Logan String Melody II, Vox Continental, OSCar, Casio Priva Pro PX5s, Nord Electro 373 and Stage 2 HA88) and of course a Kurzweil Forte!

I worked for Solartron / Fairchild - Weston / Loral and finally Lockheed Martin, through the 80's and 90's as a senior systems and software design engineer on real time systems for training in their Simfire division. I also spent a couple of years working for Neve Electronic Labs on their Vega Series of digital desks.

Projects also of note: In 1986 I designed a 2 channel sampler add-on card and low level asm drivers for the Apple 2E, sold mail order via YEM in the States. In 1987 I designed a 3 channel sampler add-on card (using the 3 on board DMA channels free on the old PC!) and low level asm drivers for the IBM pc.

Since the 90's I've run my own marketing and design business capitalizing on the growth of the internet, providing complete web based systems for retail and web 2 services including full back office solutions built on both Microsoft and Linux platforms.

Since 2008 I've chilled out! And focused on live music performance and now run three bands in the southwest of the UK centred on Glastonbury, Soulville Express, Delta Swing and Take Four Jazz.

I appreciate the open approach Kurzweil have towards product development and product life cycle and see this in marked contrast the treatment I've experienced with Nord and Casio. I am more than happy to share my work output and experiences in programming for the Forte.
Happy days B)

Posted : 03/10/2015 6:22 am
Share: