Hello from Montreal, Canada

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
dragonfly
(@dragonfly)
Topic starter

Hi Kurzweil users!

I am working in computer engineering with an electronic background, and I am a musician.

My first Kurzweil was a K2500RS which I replaced later with a K2600RS .  I love synth programming, especially with VAST. I enrolled myself in a band playing music from the 70s and the 80s few years ago and I got a PC3K6 that immediately became the center of my live rig. My PC3K was atop of a PX5S (for midi control only). All sounds come from the PC3K. Then I acquired a Forte7 beginning of the year, and I was pleased to hear that version 4 will include FM...

... and then I heard about the incoming new PC4 and participated to the PC4 video contest; I did a short edit multitrack recording of "Giorgio by Moroder" by Daft Punk using the PC3K6.  The song is a mixture of orchestral, electronic, groovy bass line and a latin feel.The PC3K6 was used exclusively as the sound source. To add realism to the sequence, I used the ribbon controller for the bass line and a midi drum controller. The drum was both sequenced and played live. All drum sounds comes from the PC3K6, mainly the KORE64 expansion. I wanted this recording to sound like it was played on real instruments. All the sounds used are factory presets, except for the electronic lead line. 

I don't know if it is the right forum to do this but I wanted to thank Kurzweil for choosing my video. I can't wait to tryout the new PC4!

You can check my video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tVvWKucQU

Keep programming and playing!

Posted : 09/09/2019 8:27 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Great cover!!! Nicely done.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 10/09/2019 12:14 pm