New Member in Pennsylvania

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
DocOndrusek
(@docondrusek)
Topic starter

Hello,

I've been playing mostly 80's rock covers since, well, the 80's. Recently picked up a good deal on a used K2600s, loaded, and was "blown away" by its sound quality. So much, I just bought a brand new PC3K7 (way better power to weight ratio :D ). Now comes the challenge to get through the learning curve of how to write programs for the things. If I could send one suggestion to Kurzweil, it would be "Find the guy who wrote the user interface to the Alesis Fusion and hire him!" Now, the SoundTower editor looks nice, but it has a steep learning curve, too. Still haven't figured out if the edits move to the synth in real time. Hopefully in time, I'll be able to look back at this post and laugh at my inexperience. :lol:

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:16 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Welcome and enjoy your PC3K! Read the manual, go to www.kurzweil.com and read the Knowledge Base, and ask in forums like this one or others to other users... just take it step by step and enjoy the ride.

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:19 am
annuello
(@annuello)

... and don't forget the videos. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL850DF30D9F2377A2 I'd highly recommend watching these several times side-by-side with the (search-able) .pdf manual. During my first 5 viewings of the series I picked up new insight/ideas each time. Pause at the interesting bits and cross-check in the manual to dig in deeper.

Annuello.

Posted : 06/11/2013 2:04 pm
DocOndrusek
(@docondrusek)
Topic starter

Thanks for the tips; I've been setting up some programs based on mods of the factory patches, just getting my feet wet in the editor, and putting a few setups together. Just spotted a used K2000 sitting in a local Guitar Center and hadda go buy it. Took a little clean up (corroded battery compartment, some front panel buttons didn't work, floppy drive didn't) but I've got it all working. Wow. The old sound engine sounds just as good as the new machines. Get this; it's OS version "1.00". Thought about looking for the most recent version (there are some used parts available), but heck, it works with what it's got. :-) I might just leave it alone and just play it.

Posted : 13/01/2014 10:54 pm
Share: