---PC3Le analog type sounds

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I love my PC3le but it doesn't have good analog synth sounds IMHO! I bought one sound set and hope it would be the answer but maybe I'm looking for a sound that the synth just can't produce.
Specifically I'm wishing it had big filter sweeps and phat brass type sounds like the old standby, "Jump" sound. So why I don't I get off my lazy butt and program some myself? I've tried and V.A.S.T. is beyond me and the little time I have for programming. Why can't you just access the filter res and frequency without going through a tom of menus? Argh!!!
I also never figured out the drum rhythm patterns, where they are and how to assign them to the pads. If this is real easy to you be kind and don't insult me. If these things were easy for me I wouldn't be on here right now. Does anyone make analog type sounds and rhythm patterns? Thanks...

Posted : 13/09/2015 2:24 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Do you know about Barb´s sounds? He also did some analog stuff, especially for the PC3 and LE series. He´s built some kind of "virtual analog synth" for the LE. The knobs work as the controls of a classic analog.

Posted : 14/09/2015 11:58 pm
Scott Murrell
(@scott-murrell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply. I had already bought one set of sounds from Barb and they might be great for people who have the time to do everything for themselves but yesterday I bought another set ( the ?-101?) and while the preset sounds were interesting they seemed designed for a different kind of analog mindset.
The good thing is like you said the controls are laid out in a familiar way so if I get the time I can program my own, I hope I can get the time.
I appreciate this site...
Scott

Posted : 15/09/2015 4:04 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Well, the PC3 series is incredible flexible and can do a lot. But - like with all synthesizers - it has it´s own flavour of sound. Or better, it has it´s own flavor in it´s different type of soundarchitectures, since there are several that it can recreate.
The analog department has it´s filters. You can tweak or combine them in different ways, but they also have their own flavor. If you look for a very special characteristic (I myself was looking for the filter-sound of the Korg DW8000, since they were analog) and it does not sound that way. I could not get that soft self-oscillation sound over the whole range. The PC3 filters sound different. You can come close, but it´s not the real deal. Maybe that is the problem.

EDIT: But those typical "fat analog" sawtooth-style sounds (you mentioned "Jump") are zero problem with the PC3. It definitely can do that in different flavours and different ways to recreate that. Use internal waveforms or use the VA. There are even some sounds in it by default. Maybe you have to look closer.

Posted : 15/09/2015 4:27 am
Share: