Balkan brass band sound

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Steleios
(@steleios)
Topic starter

Hello Kurzweilers

Is there a BALKAN brass sound available for PC3K?
I've searched the whole net and nothing was found.. :/
Do you guys know how to create one on my PC3K - KORE 64 installed (balkan brass band formation, detunes, effects etc)?

Below there is a link from a greek tv show with the requested sound played on KORG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaY6i6t2vBY

Thanks in advance
Stelios

Posted : 22/10/2014 8:28 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Hi
take the 3370 High end horns into a setup, combine it with a second layer of 3380 GB Honrs+Syn and you might come quite close. Edit out the massive reverb. You might go to AUXFX1 (say "override") and exchange the current one to 4, SaxChamber.
Check other combinations of Horns and scale them up or down with +12 or -12, but I´d stick to the High End ones as the basic. They give some nice breath to it.

Posted : 08/11/2014 6:23 am
Zep
 Zep
(@zep)
Eminent Member

Steleios have you got your sounds? I'm also interested and did some my own. I will post them in a couple of days but i'm not quite happy with them, they not so bad though.

Posted : 23/12/2014 1:52 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Did you try my proposal? If yes, what you say? I tried it and found it quite convenient and palyable according to that style.

Posted : 23/12/2014 2:15 pm
Zep
 Zep
(@zep)
Eminent Member

No i didn't but i will :D .
I modulatet slighty pitch via LFO and probably detunet some layers. I did it on Tuba, Trombone and Trumpet and created a setup with theese.
Effect is similar to some factory brass presets when you push modulation wheel but more "crazy" , i will post this as soon as i'll take my Kurz off the bag ;)

Posted : 23/12/2014 3:30 pm
Zep
 Zep
(@zep)
Eminent Member

So here is Setup, with 3 programs. Use wheel to get more "vibrato". Sliders 1-3 are for volume control.

Posted : 25/12/2014 11:01 am
Share: