7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi guys,
I need a Farfisa organ sound. However, it should not be KB3 why should I use it on the master keyboard while using a KB3 Hammond on PC3K8.
Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Ivan

Kurzweil PC3K8 + Kore 64 - Alesis QS6 - M-Audio Keystation 61es - Macbook Pro OS 10.6 4Gb RAM DDR2 - Tascam US366 - Yamaha MG82cx

Posted : 16/05/2014 1:33 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

I guess there is one, build in VAST. I use it for "Mercy" in a band. But don´t ask me where it is, my PC3 is not here and I have stuck the sound into a setup.

Posted : 01/06/2014 2:21 pm
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Kaffimusic,
Is the sound that you say in one of the organ banks?
Unfortunately I was not able to find it.

Ivan

Kurzweil PC3K8 + Kore 64 - Alesis QS6 - M-Audio Keystation 61es - Macbook Pro OS 10.6 4Gb RAM DDR2 - Tascam US366 - Yamaha MG82cx

Posted : 02/06/2014 11:51 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Sorry, haven´t been here for a while. I was looking for that organs (guess you found a solution on your own by now).
Some crappy organs start with 179. But well, I was checking them and they are indeed done with the tonewheel (KB3) system. But it doesn´t matter, since they don´t use a leslie, you can use them with close to zero restrictions for other sounds or control. ...If that was your intention, don´t know.

Posted : 09/07/2014 3:27 pm
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Kaffimusic,
The problem is that I have to use a b3 and a Farfisa in the same setup.
Should I assign the same midi channel to both zones! Thank you anyway for the suggestion to remove the effect on the Farfisa ... I had not thought of that!

Ivan

Posted : 10/07/2014 1:47 am
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Sorry, I was thinking the fasrfisa-style organs are made with VAST. They are SO crappy (like they have to be) that I did not think they were done with KB3 mode. But it should not be difficult to make one with the VAST synthesis - but I don´t know if there already is one. Other brands do it on rompler basis, and so can the PC3 do. Just a stack of several sine-waves. You may choose one of the KB3-Farfisas, check the elements (volume, octave) and build a version out of sinewaves with VAST. Since there is not much work with envelopes (just a flat organline) or filtering or anything, it should be easy to do. My idea: You might use a sawtooth-style wave on one of the elements, to give the sound that harshness, that is often in it. Maybe the lowest one. Check several different sawwaves, they sound a bit different each.

Posted : 10/07/2014 4:49 am
obiwan
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you Kaffimusic,
I'll try ;)

Posted : 13/07/2014 11:47 pm
Share: