KB3 Jazz organ B3 [SP6/ PC3]

21 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi Thin_i,
Is there any chance you could create a version of this for an SP4 keyboard? You probably can't create the same Leslie effect on a PC4, but I'd very much like to have the basic program.

Hi neilcrewe,

The program should work fine on your SP4 as it only uses 10 fx units (7 units for rotary fx and 3 for chamber reverb).
Download the program and change the file extention to .sp4 (or to whatever it needs to be).

Any help?

Thin_i

Posted : 02/09/2019 11:29 am
neilcrewe
(@neilcrewe)

Hi and thanks,
I've loaded the program successfully. It turned out I didn't have any empty program slots. It loaded after I deleted a few programs, and sounds great! I haven't got the Leslie working yet, but I may have to change the controls to get it working? I'll play around a bit and see if I can get it working.
Thanks again.

Posted : 03/09/2019 11:09 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,
The rotary speaker fx might not work correctly on SP4 because I’ve programmed the PC3’s SW button to activate the rotary stop mode.
The SP4 doesn’t have the SW button or does it?
If needed I can upload the same program + fx without the rotary stop mode feature.

Regards,

Thin_i

Posted : 03/09/2019 11:51 am
neilcrewe
(@neilcrewe)

Hi,
Yes please, could you provide another version of the program with the Leslie not stopped. I can probably manage to send the command via MIDI, but it would be simpler for you to do this?
Thanks again

Posted : 04/09/2019 4:33 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,
Here's a version of Thin_i Jazzy B3 2 but without the rotary speaker Brake FX Mod. Apparently the Brake FX Mod (programmed for PC3) caused the rotary speaker fx to initialize in brake mode which made the program somewhat useless in SP4.

Hope this new kb3 program JAZZB3SP will fix the issue.

Feel free to comment,

Thin_i

Posted : 04/09/2019 10:12 am
neilcrewe
(@neilcrewe)

Hi,
Thanks for this. I got the Leslie working, by disabling the reverb, using the Soundtower editor. It looks like 10 fx units is too much for the SP4. I used the sax chamber effect for reverb (like most of the default organ programs use), and now the Leslie works.
Unfortunately the editor won't change the drawbar settings (they claim it is an SP4 OS bug), and the program seems to have a 1' drawbar on, which I can't remove. It also makes it very difficult to create different registrations. None of this your fault of course, but it gets very frustrating working around bugs like this, which nobody ever bothered to fix!
Thanks again for the grat program!
Neil

Posted : 05/09/2019 6:37 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: