Leslie FX's for Forte

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

One of the few shortcomings in the Forte is their Leslie simulations. The KB3 is very cool and am very appreciative of the updates I am collecting from this site and from Dave Weiser with his custom sound sets. However, I continue to search for the ultimate Lesile FX chains to apply to other Hammond programs in my Forte. Has anyone created amazingly realistic Leslie's with the right ramp up and spin down speeds, etc.?

Thanks!!!

Posted : 29/08/2019 11:54 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,
I use the settings found on Neo-Instruments’ Ventilator manual:

http://www.neo-instruments.de/de/ventilator-downloads/5-ventilator-manual-english/download.

Regards,

Thin_i

Posted : 29/08/2019 12:25 pm
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Thin . . .

I am not highly adept at Forte programming, so how do I do this? I know you uploaded for me the Love The One You're With Hammond/Leslie . . . are these Vent settings what you already have in your effects chain? If not, any assistance in creating such would be most appreciated :)

Thanks, Marty

Posted : 29/08/2019 1:32 pm
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi Marty,
The Ventilator manual gives you somewhat exact acceleration and deceleration times (in seconds) of Leslie 122’s horn and drum speakers. It also gives you the high and low speeds in Hz for both horn and drum speaker.

I have used them in my organ programs but depending on the program I have usually adjusted the Leslie ’high speed’.
I don’t own Ventilator so I haven’t been able to program the Kurzweil rotary fx to ”sound” like Ventilator (if it is even possible).

Best,

Thin_i

Posted : 29/08/2019 10:40 pm
Share: