Stephen Stills - Love The One You're With

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Always on the lookout for great Hammond/Leslie programs for my Forte. Would love to add a program that can replicate the organ sound in "Love The One You're With" by Stephen Stills. If anyone has one that nails it, would greatly appreciate an upload here.

Thanks in advance . . .

Posted : 23/08/2019 5:48 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,

Here's a kb3 program for the song Love The One You're With" by Stephen Stills. I used a drawbar setting 654888888, chorus 1 and put a lot of overdrive to the sound.The room sound (Aux 1 reverb) isn't exactly the same sounding as on the recording but that's no biggie.

Mod wheel adds even more overdrive.

Feel free to comment,

Thin_i

Posted : 25/08/2019 2:29 am
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks!!!! I'll download and load it up this weekend.

Posted : 29/08/2019 11:10 am
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thin_i:

I loaded your sound for the organ in Love The One You're With. Not sure if it is because I am loading this onto a Forte or not, but the organ sounds more like a Vox Continental than a Hammond/Leslie. Can you please have a look and let me know if maybe the wrong sounds/models are being called, or maybe the file didn't include all the dependent objects?

Thanks,
Marty

Posted : 29/08/2019 9:51 pm
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,
This program was ”programmed” solely for this specific song and should not be considered as an ’all round’ or your ’go to’ organ program. However it should play fine on the song you mentioned.
Also the file should be ok. You can easily test the program by closing all the drawbars and pulling them out one by one.
If even the first (and only) drawbar sounds like ’Vox’ then something is wrong. The sound you’re referring as ’Vox’ is probably
related to the excessive amount of distortion that I put on the program (just like in the original version).
Another way of testing is to press the SW-button. This will put the rotary fx to stop mode or if it is in stop mode then in slow (chorale) mode. You can also bypass the rotary fx totally to check just the organ program.

Hope this helps,

Thin_i

Posted : 29/08/2019 10:24 pm
MrShowbiz999
(@mrshowbiz999)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks. I'll try all that.

I wasn't expecting this to be an all-around organ program, but it doesn't sound to me like the original (not looking a gift horse in the mouth!) I'll try to record what I am hearing and attach it later today.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Marty

Posted : 30/08/2019 6:34 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

Hi,
I downloaded the program and it sounds ok (the way it is meant to sound) on my PC3A7. Make sure that UpperToneWheelKeymap-parameter is set to 150 Sine Wave on your Forte.

Regards,

Thin_i

Posted : 30/08/2019 8:32 am
thin_i
(@thin_i)
Trusted Member

...I'll try to record what I am hearing and attach it later today.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Marty

Hi Marty,

I made a version (LOVEB3_F) of the program without the 'Brake' Fx Mod.

Hope it works in your Forte.

Best,

Thin_i

Posted : 04/09/2019 10:37 am
Share: