3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
blackstageline
(@blackstageline)
Topic starter

Hello,
Our new guitar player would like to play this song. Does anyone have any idea
which sounds fit there? Or someone has a ready setup?
Thank you very much
blackstageline

Posted : 09/07/2012 11:28 pm
goingfortheone
(@goingfortheone)

I played that song with cover band
There are 3 essential ingredients:

1) Hammond B3. used in the chorus, but I also use it as backgound for guitar solo
-any Kb3 program you like

2) Metallic-sounding resonant synth patch, which plays sharp staccato through all the song. That's sound from Yamaha DX-series FM synth in the original. I have no idea how to recreate this. That's why I'm in this forum.

I used synth bass from virtual Korg Mono/Poly (Legacy collection) as a replacement, but it's not the same.

3) Brass synth. for occasional "orchestra hits".

So' im joining the request - how to recreate "metallic" sound from the song, or replace with something close from PC3

Posted : 31/01/2014 7:08 am
tz_keyz
(@tz_keyz)
Estimable Member

I played this with a cover band for a couple months last year. For the song part I had a synthy clavinet sound across the keyboard, the top 2 octaves I had a KB3 organ sound.

I have a setup where I pulled off most of the parts of the intro. I had a string pad, low string, choir, synth lead, and a sample of a little sequence loop I made. I was able to fade parts in & out via 2 CC pedals and sliders. When I get a chance I'll upload the setups for the intro and the song. TZ

PS: Follow up. I did upload my setup for the intro of this song. Look under "D."

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:21 pm
Share: