pad sound on "uptown funk"

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi this is a thick analog retro sound very similar to sounds from 80's band "Maurice Day and the Time". Anyway to program this on a PC361 with the Kore expansion?
Thanks' JP

Posted : 05/01/2015 2:12 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Any PC3 from LE to K can do this without KORE. I guess what you mean is that sawtooth-synth sound. Not really a pad. Take one that is spread with a chorus, apply some vibrato and thats it. I don´t have the PC3 next to me, but I guess you will find something close somewhere at the lower synth-banks. To have an exaxt copy, I guess some programming is needed. But this sound is no big deal.

Posted : 05/01/2015 4:42 pm
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Any PC3 from LE to K can do this without KORE. I guess what you mean is that sawtooth-synth sound. Not really a pad. Take one that is spread with a chorus, apply some vibrato and thats it. I don´t have the PC3 next to me, but I guess you will find something close somewhere at the lower synth-banks. To have an exaxt copy, I guess some programming is needed. But this sound is no big deal.

Thanks. You are of course right. Not really a pad sound. I couldn't find anything particularly close but I'll have to explore a little more.

Posted : 05/01/2015 5:48 pm
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member

Yeah, I know, the factory sounds are a bit "unbasic", means there is lots of stuff to recreate old sounds, but a real simple, clean and well crafted sawtooth-sound is not really there. Maybe they thought it´s so easy to do on your own, maybe they just forgot about this.
You might start with the "Jupiter" (somewhere in the lower banks), check the sliders and take that octave out, and you are closer to that.
Or... just dowload my soundset from the contest-video, there is a sawtooth VA sound, I called it "Barbs..."-something. But there is some kind of a initial pluck in it and it might be a bit too sharp to be the exact copy. Maybe play around with the filter, just lower it a bit. Just a bit, so that there is still enough of that saw-style "grip" in it.
And you might have to change the modwheel fuction, it might not vibe the way you need it.
You should find it here: http://www.cunka.com/forum/index.php?topic=4257.0

Posted : 06/01/2015 7:27 am
jimmymio
(@jimmymio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the link and that was a great track. I'm looking forward to playing around with your download and your advice.

Posted : 11/01/2015 10:41 pm
Share: