PC3x Program #309: Divider for Forte

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ain't Misbehavin
(@aint-misbehavin)
Topic starter

Hey -

So to get back to my story, I switched from PC3x to Forte 7 to save my back on the road, but of course there is a schwack of sounds on the one but not on the other. For a particular song (Voodoo Thing by Colin James; don't panic if you don't know it, he's Canadian) I used PC3x Program #309 (Divider) on the intro fanfare blast, & also in the extro. On the Forte, no similar sound I've found so far.
I looked for procedures to download PC3x sounds and followed them, but it seems that these only download User programs & multis. Then I discovered that to extract the Factory programs, one has to first save them intrenally in a particular way - but I haven't found the the instructions to do that. In any event, my much-beloved PC3x is now sold to my buddy across town.

The general question: Assuming my buddy will allow me access to my PC3x, how does one internally 'save' and then externally 'store' a Factory program so I can get it into the Forte?

The specific question: does anyone have a downloadable version of #309 Divider?

The confession: There may well be other resources out there that I am not aware of, but SonicMatter is gone & the PC3x is now technically 'unsupported', hence my post here...

Regards,
Ain't Misbehavin

Posted : 03/04/2017 5:11 pm
mikeh11
(@mikeh11)
Trusted Member

I think this is how you'd get your own: select the program, and edit it. Then use the soft buttons to save it to a new ID. Then in storage mode, save that new ID to your storage medium.

I extracted program 309 from the PC3 object file; it's attached. There's no dependent objects, so it will sound funny if it requires them.

K2000R 3.87J | MBP 2012 macOS 10.14.6

Posted : 06/04/2017 2:53 pm
Ain't Misbehavin
(@aint-misbehavin)
Topic starter

Thanks, Mike. Have downloaded your file and will try it out ASAP.

Your general solution to the problem of extracting Programs off the PC3x is elegant & simple. I am always amazed how obvious a solution can be, and also how blind to it one can be (until it is revealed!).

Aint Misbehavin

Posted : 06/04/2017 4:16 pm
Ain't Misbehavin
(@aint-misbehavin)
Topic starter

Divider installed!
Thx again

jks

Posted : 06/04/2017 5:42 pm
Share: