Clear all

Bad piano for my pc3k7

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
lindmatti
(@lindmatti)
Topic starter

I have a new pc3k7 I am disappointed with the sound of the piano, it sounds like a toy piano or harpsichord Hard high distortion and poor central area I have Genelec Loudspeaker G one How I can get a better piano? Must buy German D grand EXP

Posted : 11/04/2017 6:44 am
grimaila
(@grimaila)

There are quite a few piano sounds in the PC3K7 and they all set pretty well in a mix.
What is your application?
How are you listening to it?
While there are other synths with good pianos, the PC3K7 is pretty darn good.

Posted : 05/05/2017 6:59 pm
JohnEKeys
(@johnekeys)
Eminent Member

I am not a huge fan of the Piano sound either, however, since I had a beer spilled into my GEM stage piano and had to use the PC3K... I started tweaking and have now got it acceptable for me.

The main thing I found that was making it weak was the master velocity map setting... I set to "Hard 3" and instantly was a lot better for me. Next I figured out how to get some more sustain with the pedal down - without having to mess with the envelope Gens:
Adjust the Program Layers ENVCTL
Adjust Keytrk VelTrk Source Depth
Release:0.300x 1.300x Sustai 0.150x

(I play mainly Rock and Rock Ballards)
I recorded a gig and the Piano sounds very very good out front, I find my monitor amp sounds to me just OK, but I don't worry now as I know it sounds killer out front:-)

I fixed my Stage Piano, but I don't take it to gigs anymore, now I do everything on the PC3K and save my back!

Posted : 24/05/2017 6:16 pm
Share: