2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Kaffimusic
(@kaffimusic)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hello,
I was asked to upload a piano-sound that I use all the time when playing life. So to make things complete I put 3 variations of QA-Banks for the PC3 line in the attached file. Some words to explain their sense:

1. The banks are arranged in a way so that I can always find "the piano" or "the organ" or "the lead" at the same place. But since we have only blocks of 10, to get more variantions - and still keep the order intact - the 3 QA banks are copies of each other with some different sounds of the same kind (mostly) at the same place. Makes it way more easy to switch to something else while in the middle of a song and still keep other sounds "in reach". Blindly.

2. QA bank "Live 1" has a talkbox-synth as the lead (knob 0). Won´t make sense to you unless you use a TBox. You also can´t hear it unless you switch the output for that (it´s a setup) setup from sec. to primary. My Tbox is fed that way. SW adds a sub osc.

3. There is also the piano. In fact it´s nothing special, I guess it goes back to the Horowitz or Rubenstein preset. It has less volume in the lower notes, so that the overall sound is more transparent to me and seems to fit better into a band. It´s also easier to play a piano-solo with that - slightly more punch on the right side. This, like the other types of e-pianos in this banks are set to switch a background-string on with the SW-button. You can adjust volume with the wheel. Everything nothing outstanding, but blends as butter into a band.

4. Also several organ-starters. Right now I mostly use "RealB3" Libor, that he had uploaded here some time ago. I can´t remember exactly, but I guess I tuned the overdrive a bit to give me more dirt when turned up (wheel). This one can sound from soft soul to dirty pigs rock, depending on your drawbars and o-drive.

This file contains all dependencies, wich means different FX, one ALG and a setup (TBox-sound) and naturally all programs. You can also load them in a LE, but you won´t have the FX. The brass sounds won´t work, because they are based on the KORE set. Naturally, you will have the same problem with a non LE and no KORE installed.
Compatibility:
PC3k and non k with KORE: Fully. No samples included.
PC3 without KORE: Brass will not work. You can reprogramm them to use internal waveforms if you wish.
PC3le: Same like above, but also with limited FX
Others: Don´t know. Try it.

Posted : 19/01/2018 5:05 am
jammerman01
(@jammerman01)

Kaffimusic,

Thanks for sharing this since I was the one that requested it from you. It is always interesting to see what others are using for their main "go to" sounds!

jammerman01

Posted : 22/01/2018 2:47 pm
Share: