Clear all

Rock B3

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
parametric
(@parametric)
Topic starter

This is my new B3 patch, using corrected speeds for the double leslie of KB3.

Posted : 24/12/2015 10:17 am
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

Could you tell us a little bit more about those speeds you changed?

Thanks,

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 28/12/2015 11:25 am
parametric
(@parametric)
Topic starter

Hi,

I use f 400 RPM (6.6hz) on fast and 48 RPM (0.8hz) on slow for the horn. For the rotor I use 342 RPM (5.7hz) on fast and 40 RPM (0.65hz) on slow. These settings sound more natural for me and are very close to a real Leslie.

Regards

Posted : 29/12/2015 3:54 pm
88keys
(@88keys)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I am trying your sound patch now...
Your rotation speeds are accurate from the web sites that I have seen like Hammond's web site.
The horn speeds are using the middle pulley position which is what I always used on my Leslie 145.

One thing that nobody has brought up on the forums that I have seen is that the Double Leslie's lower drum wind up/down time is 3 seconds. The single Leslie's lower drum wind up/down time is 8 seconds.
I see you set the lower drum wind up/down times in your patch to 8 seconds.
It's been a long time since I had my Leslie. Which lower drum wind up/down times are correct or does this very depending on which Leslie you are using? From what I remember the 8 seconds is what sounds correct and is also
the lower drum wind up/down time in my Boss RT-20 Leslie Simulator using the 122 Leslie model.

Beta tester for the Kurzweil PC3LE and Kurzweil PC3K.
Kurzweil PC3K7, Yamaha Motif XS8, Korg M3 Xpanded 73 Key w/Radius Exp Board and EXB-M256 Memory Expansion, Korg X3, Casio WK-3700, Korg DSS-1 Sampler.

Posted : 30/12/2015 12:03 am
parametric
(@parametric)
Topic starter

Hi,

Also I think there are several factors that influence the rotor deceleration time. I used one that I thought was the nearest of the references I have, including the RT-20 as well. Unfortunately there is some harmonic beats in "fast" on Double Leslie.

Regards.

Posted : 30/12/2015 1:00 pm
voodoo
(@voodoo)
Estimable Member

How does it sound on the PC3 LE ?

eCommerce software that lives in the cloud and can be used on multiple websites at the same time (FaceBook #1 ecommerce app) , physical products and digital / sound / audio / downloads - and it's FREE http://www.ecwids.co.uk

Posted : 17/06/2016 10:37 am
gabrielferraz
(@gabrielferraz)

Very nice, thanks!
Tried also with heavy distortion and it turned into a monster

Posted : 18/04/2020 12:59 am
Share: