Ksetlist.com Hosting

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I looked up the site today on ARIN Whois and noticed that the registrar is Godaddy.

Does that mean you are also hosting the site on Godaddy as well?

The reason I ask is that for the last couple of months and especially this week the site's response time has been PAINFULLY slow.

Page loads take up to a minute for simple text and that's if they don't simply timeout on every second or third page.

Is the site being throttled by the hosting service for simply blowing out its quota on monthly or weekly downloads or is there seriously just more traffic than the current hosting plan is capable of?

I'm among the first to agree that bandwidth costs money which is always in short supply but a possible solution might be to host the downloads section offsite on some file locker type storage farm.

Anyway, I now dread visiting more often than once or twice per week rather than agonize thru the page load timeouts.

Hopefully there is a solution we can all live with.

Gary ;)

Posted : 16/05/2016 5:32 pm
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Miraculously within an hour of my last posting, the site has smartened up brilliantly and is now loading pages lickety split!

Did you discover a DDOS attack or a misconfiguration which needed to be addressed?

Gary ;)

Posted : 16/05/2016 8:27 pm
fran
 fran
(@fran)
Noble Member

Hi,

ksetlist is hosted at godaddy and yes, sometimes there are "slow" moments that normally go away quickly...

Regards,
Fran

Posted : 17/05/2016 9:51 am
happyrat1
(@happyrat1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Alright then.

I was beginning to worry that for the past month or so you were being DDOSed.

All's well that ends well....

Gary ;)

Posted : 17/05/2016 8:18 pm
Share: