Forum

So, what can we do ...

Notifications
Clear all

So, what can we do to get more participation?

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
16.4 K Views
Merc
 Merc
(@merc)

PART II

Hipo'

So here's a big question: what kind of background/skill set do the folks have who join your forum?
Maybe you should hit us with a short survey in the beginning to rank our skills. e.g. what is your skill level 1-5 on using song mode? Assigning switches? Building sounds using factory? Building sounds from scratch and samples?

Ya know this stuff can be a bit daunting and challenging. Not everyone has the patience to go beyond calling up a sample. I do have that patience, but at the same time, my experience has it's limits.

So there's got to be a give and take. I want to get something and in return share something. I see you have names for the users "basement roaches" and "house mouse"....is that based on time? # of posts? Perhaps you'd be better off categorizing folks by their skill level as well as the # of sounds they contribute.

Anyway, it's not an easy issue. Somehow you have to ask the folks that "know" to spend so many posts helping those "that don't".

Maybe you have to mandate that house mouses have to answer so many posts a week of basement dwellers or measure that and reward that somehow. Part of my alternate route training requires to write one post a week (on a specified subject) and reply to at least 2 posts. Of course we meet once a month in person so we've build up a relationship and face with the name.

That's all I've got for you right now...and to be honest, I'm waiting to see if anyone besides you is going to reply to my post.
Later,
Merc

Posted : 19/05/2013 4:40 pm
Merc
 Merc
(@merc)

Part III :roll:

What do your forum stats indicate? How often do users stay active members? How many posts per person per week? What % of members post? Build sounds? Take sounds? Build Sounds and take sounds?
I was very excited to see a forum dedicated to Kurz PC3’s since that’s what I have. Perhaps you’ve narrowed the scope to much. Seems like you’re ok with discussion other than sound building.
Perhaps you should give ‘sound credits’. For every one you build and share you can take 3.
Create a bartering system. I really want to learn other aspects of programming the Kurz. I would gladly download and build sounds to learn how to program drums better, use switches and pads better, build setups better. Hey, I like this idea a lot. Cause I really really want to get better. So if this was a one stop shop to become better and the price is to build and download sounds, I’d do that. But somehow you’d have to build up a team of proficient programmers and link to enough you tubes, training, etc to make it work.
The more you help people to learn and become better the more likely they’ll stick around for a long time. What about sharing chord sheets in addtion to sounds?Everybody is at a different proficiency and understanding. Below find my concept for a bartering system.

Kurzweil Goal:
Price
[list=] Download sound setups 3 downloads for every setup you share
Learn Song Mode Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Learn to program drums Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Learn how to program switches. Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Learn to program pads. Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Learn how to integrate the Effects Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Leanr how to use sequencer. Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.
Learn how to use midi slaves. Share 1 sound for beginners tutorial; share 2 sounds for a mentor assigned from this forum.

Merc

Posted : 19/05/2013 5:37 pm
Duplobaustein
(@duplobaustein)

There should be a Forte section, so that us Forte owners can share sounds. :)

Spitting Ibex http://www.spittingibex.com

Posted : 15/07/2016 10:18 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: